Excursion Discount Codes

When I went on my first cruise 2 weeks ago, I found a promo code on here to use for Carnival shore excursions. I had such a good time, I booked another cruise for December and was wondering if anyone knew of any such codes? Do they offer these on a normal basis or is it very far and few between? Our excursions this time will be on the pricey side, so a 10-20% discount would really come in handy! Thanks :)

My personally experience with the Carnival excursion discounts are that they range between few and far between to fast and furious. What seems to happens is in a 2-4 month period they will release 2-5 different codes, w/ each code good towards excursions on select ships sailing or ports arrived at within a defined time frame. Then they don't issue any for like 6-9 months, or the secret is not share by the select "lottery" winners that recieve the e-mails offering the special here on CC.

Believe it not what you can try do is to use the older codes to see if they are still valid for excursions on your Dec. sailing even if its not the same ship or itinerary. DO so as soon as your able to pre-book the excursions, some codes have a limit on the overall number of excursions that it can be applied to (the reason some are unwilling to share codes) and others have a regular expiration date (like grocery coupons) regardless of how many people or excursions they are used on. If none of the codes work you can wait as long as your comfortable that the tour/activity will not sell out on pre-sail to see if any new codes pop up, or if your the lucky recipient of the actual e-mail from Carnival granting you a code.

The times I was grant the code directly by email it arrived about 1 week after the final payment date for the cruise. (We generally pay in full as soon as we book, so I don't know if that lends a favor for getting codes or if it's related to the time of year we sail, early fall & late spring mostly.) I almost "trashed" it the first time because the subject line was something like "Prepurchase Your excursions for your upcoming cruise", a real sales pitch vibe no mention of discounting, but luckily I opened it instead to find the code slightly highlighted in the middle of the page.

Best of luck and enjoy your next cruise.

Thanks for the reply. I did try the older codes I found, with no luck of course! We paid in full, so maybe i'll get lucky and get an email. We can actually get away without booking thru Carnival, so maybe that will be the route to take. Oh the things we do to save a few bucks these days!

Archived