This was so special

oceanlov1

We just got off Imagination on Friday. It was a wonderful cruise.

One thing happened in particular that was so special. On Wednesday, I received the binoculars for the platinum gift, but not the pin. I asked the room steward if he had the pin. He said he did not, but would ask his supervisor. About 20 minutes later, Ken came back with a pin. I was totally surprised. He said there were none, but here is this one. I am sure it was from one of the crew. It was so special. I was the only passenger to get a pin.

The next evening we got a letter saying there was a delay in getting the new pins, but to fill out the form and they will send it in a few weeks.

It was so appreciated that the room steward went above and beyond to get that pin. I wore it the rest of the cruise. Love it!!!

Happy sailing!!!

Nice. I was on this cruise as well. I just filled in the paper and gave it to them at the desk. I am actually just curious to see if they will actually mail it. I am glad you got excellent service. I love this ship. It was my third time on her and I just never get tired of it.

I have been on the Imagination several times. Always have a great time.

I received the pin in the mail today. What a surprise!!

It says platinum. It is an old one, but I never got the old one, so this is a wonderful surprise. Now I have Glory, Imagination, and Platinum. In November, will get the Valor. What fun!!

Happy sailing!!

i love to hear about great service. i had a similar situation regarding the ship's photos they use to give out at dinner.

one cruise we did not receive one (i don't remember why) and our head waiter said he would meet us the next morning in the dining room-day of debarkation. well, as this was our first cruise, i really wanted that photo.

now i must say that this waiter completely saved our first cruising experience as we were previously seated at a 2 top and had awful service for the first two nights. some cc members from our roll call heard about our awful experience, spoke with the maitre d and we moved to their table that had 2 open seats. our new waitstaff made us fall in love with cruising....

fast forward to debarkation morning....we find our waiter who is doing his duty in the buffet area and ask him if he had our photo. he asked us to please wait. about 15 minutes later, he comes hustling up to us with a beautiful watercolor looking poster of our very first cruise ship. I do not believe that was the standard photo of the ship everyone else received-maybe so...but he went out of his way for us...and he earned himself another big fat tip. I love people who give good customer service. And they do it with a smile. That was on the Conquest in 2007.

Archived