How far to walk for soda? NOLA

mitsugirly

We are thinking about booking Springhill Suites for NOLA in December and I know it's in the Warehouse district. When I look on google earth, it looks like nothing but, of course, warehouses around. It doesn't look like there are food places or a drug store or anything in that immediate area.

We are flying in, so we will not have any transportation once dropped off at the hotel by cab that evening.

We would like to walk to a supermarket/drug store/gas station or somewhere that we can get soda to take on our cruise with us.

Is there anything within walking distance?

Google Earth with Springhill marked:

springhill%20suites_zps98f1834d.jpg

springhill_zps73b65be3.jpg

There is a convenience store at the corner of Julia Street and Convention Center Boulevard, fairly close by.

If you don't mind doing some waliking, you will find better prices and a better selection at Rouse's Supermarkey, about six blocks away.

http://shop.rouses.com/storelocator.aspx?zipCode=70116&distance=50&count=10&previousUrl=/weeklyads.aspx?r=1

There is a convenience store at the corner of Julia Street and Convention Center Boulevard, fairly close by.

If you don't mind doing some waliking, you will find better prices and a better selection at Rouse's Supermarkey, about six blocks away.

http://shop.rouses.com/storelocator.aspx?zipCode=70116&distance=50&count=10&previousUrl=/weeklyads.aspx?r=1

Thanks so much for the information.

Any idea how much a carton of soda cost at either place?

Walking to the one (I assume you mean on Barrone St according the map provided) that is 6 blocks away, is it a very safe area to walk in with a child?

The convenience store will have convenience store prices: expensive, and a limited selection. Rouse's has good prices and is a full-size grocery.

The Warehouse District used to be just that: warehouses and businesses. Over the years it has become mostly residental, with some restaurants, bars, museums and other busineses mixed in. Daytime is fine, with plenty of traffic, but the area is pretty quiet at night.

The convenience store will have convenience store prices: expensive, and a limited selection. Rouse's has good prices and is a full-size grocery.

The Warehouse District used to be just that: warehouses and businesses. Over the years it has become mostly residental, with some restaurants, bars, museums and other busineses mixed in. Daytime is fine, with plenty of traffic, but the area is pretty quiet at night.

So quiet at night with no problems though? We won't be getting in on our airplane until (I think) around 7pm (I'd have to recheck and see). So we won't be able to head out for quite some time (after a taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, checking in, getting a bite to eat and getting settled in). So it will probably be dark once we get there. I just want to make sure it's ok to walk in that area at night in the dark.

Maybe you could get your sodas the next morning before you checkout of the hotel. You could also have the cab from the airport stop on the way to the hotel and just tip him a little extra. We have done that before in other cities. You might also google Walgreens and see if their is one near you.:)

Maybe you could get your sodas the next morning before you checkout of the hotel. You could also have the cab from the airport stop on the way to the hotel and just tip him a little extra. We have done that before in other cities. You might also google Walgreens and see if their is one near you.:)

Great idea TX. I was just thinking about that yesterday and wondering if they would just stop by real quick for a grocery store pick up on the way to the hotel. Or just walking there in the morning prior to going to the cruise ship would probably work too. Thanks. :)

Archived