Explorer's cigarette prices

bermudagal56

On the Explorer of the seas it was 25.00 per carton or two for fifty. That was last Oct. I will find out what it is this year in two weeks.

Do they still have the 5 carton box, and can you take them after you buy. I remember one cruise line they treated them like alcohol and made you wait till end of cruise to get them.

just going to bermuda and i am sure there are no deals there for cigarettes. anyone have price for bermuda?

Forget Bermuda, $70 a carton. I know for sure that the 5 carton box of Marlboro's were $124. I know the Newport's cost more. Think they were 2 for $70 or $37 for 1 carton. Just got off the Explorer on 9/16.

In the US it's two cartons per adult, five if you bought them in St. Thomas. (I think)

USDHS-seal.png U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Securing America's Borders

CBP INFO Center

CBP INFO Center Home > Find an Answer > Traveler bringing tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, bidis) to the U.S. for personal use

Give Us a Compliment Submit a Complaint

Report Illegal Activity Didn’t find what you were looking for?

Try Rephrasing Your Question or E-mail us your Question

Traveler bringing tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, bidis) to the U.S. for personal use

Traveler bringing tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, bidis, etc.) to the U.S. for their personal use.

A traveler may include up to 100 cigars and 200 cigarettes in the $800 exemption from duty. U.S. residents on State Department-licensed travel to Cuba may not bring cigars or other goods back with them from their visit.

Additional cigars and cigarettes may be brought into the country, but they will be subject to duty and Federal excise taxes. Cigarettes may also be subject to Federal excise tax. Rates may be viewed by visiting the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB). Note: Federal excise tax rates are for informational purposes only and actual tax or fee may vary according to a person's circumstances.

Bidis - essentially flavored cigarettes - are not generally permitted entry. For pipe/loose tobacco products, contact the port of entry directly.

Once every 31 days, a resident returning from travel from American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), or the Virgin Islands of the United States may import 1,000 cigarettes (5 cartons), not more than 200 of which acquired elsewhere than in such locations, within the returning resident's $1,600 exemption from duty and taxes.

For information about duty-exemption or duty rates for other tobacco products, please contact the port of entry directly.

Archived