Christmas Gift Ideas - 1st Cruise

DnR

We are taking my in-laws and my mother on a 7 day cruise (Glory) for Christmas. We would like to get them a small gift that they could open on Christmas day, or something to give them the week before the cruise to get them excited, or even to make their journey extra special. I guess we could even go with the practical gift too.

Ideas?

Could you arrange with the Shops on board for a small gift certificate? At the end of the cruise..they put Tee Shirts on sale...watches.. and I love to go then. I bought a watch..that I am still wearing!!!!

Also many of the scents..perfumes etc...in the shops..when they are duty free..are quite a discout on USA scents. I have priced them against shops ashore.in the Islands...and the Ship prices are always competitive.

If the Cayman Islands are on your route..they have a Fossil outlet where I found a beautiful bag for my daughter...$50 less than in the States.

A sitting for a special pic of all on you.....On Christmas Day..then frame it?

You must be very nice people...........to think of your family like that. Happy Cruising.

We take our kids on a family Christmas cruise every year (they are getting older now and much harder to get all of them togeather at once at the same time to cruise :( but when we had them all we would print out the information about each excursion we booked for the cruise enough for each one. I bought stockings on the cruise with us and each night before an excursion I would put the information in their stocking and give them out in the MDR. They LOVED it.

Right before the cruise I went out and bought individual photo albums for each of them, throughout the cruise I took loads of pics, when I got home I made copies and put them in each album and wrapped them and put them under the tree Christmas morning. (we always cruise the week before Christmas so we are home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day).

The kids (now 22-34 yrs old) loved this tradition and have LOTS and LOTS of great memories!

Get them a stocking and fill it with items previously suggested and print out information about each port you all are visiting and put that in there too!

Don't forget the door decorations!!! That is alot of fun to do, especially for christmas!!!!

We are going on a cruise to southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico the week before Christmas this year, then staying a few days after so we are in Puerto Rico for Christmas. While we have told everyone that this will be our Christmas gift to them (we are taking my MIL (69), our 2 kids (DS 20, DD 22) and new SIL (25) and my DS's friend (also 20) 7 of us total. My wife came up with an awesome idea... she is going to draw names for everyone on our trip and give everyone $20 to buy some kind of a gift for their person somewhere on the cruise (San Juan, St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, St Maarten) then exchange them on Christmas day when we are back in San Juan. Something to remember the trip by. I also love some of the other ideas other posters have said.

My family is also going on a cruise the week before Christmas and we are drawing names before we leave and will buy that person a gift on the trip to open on Christmas Day. We are flying home Christmas morning so after we fly home we will exchange gifts this will be our Christmas and the end of our vacation.

We had t shirts done up - thru carnival and at christmas our group of 13 all opened up the custom T-shirts we called it the J.A.M. family cruise jamin with the crazies - (those are the 3 families initials)

So on departure day we all worth the t-shirts - ya we looked goofy but it was a blast and we weren't the only ones that did that

You didn't give us a budget idea.... if you are all foodies, surprise them with Chef's Table. Since Christmas Day is your first port day, the beach bag idea would be nice. You could surprise them with the "Behind the Fun" tour tickets too. I like the idea of having portraits made and under the "tree".

I would love for my kids to do this for me someday!

Archived