Double Occupancy Cabins Next to Each Other on Hump of Solstice Class?

RumRunner01

I’ve searched the message boards for nearly an hour to find this answer to no avail… The question is in regard to the Solstice Class ships and the veranda cabins on the hump (Cat 2A). I am planning a group of adult family and friends to sail on the Equinox in 2014. We may have 10 or so cabins between all of us, and all but one cabin will be double occupancy (we will have one triple cabin). When I look at the deck plans for the Solstice Class ships, the hump area in particular, I see that only every other cabin is double occupancy and the cabins in between the doubles are quads (or at least showing an upper berth plus convertible sofa).

I know that everyone in my group will want cabins near each other, some may even want connecting (which I already know all cabins on the hump are connecting), but it seems this is not possible if every other cabin is marked for a quad. I know the quads may mean families with children but we are sailing on a longer itinerary during off-season when families with children are not likely to sail. So, my question is… at some point does Celebrity let only two people book a quad room on a sailing like this? I tried to search and see if I could book hump cabins double occupancy in those quad cabins but it won’t let me, just gives me the dedicated double cabins.

I just want to let my group know (who are all interested in hump balconies provided they are still available when we actually book) that the opportunity to have cabins right next to each other may not be an option. And I guess I worry that having a large group like us take up every other cabin might make it a little odd for those people put in cabins between us – or they can just join the party too! :-)

Thank you!

Hi Amy,

We are doing the same thing, but there are 12 of us! We booked through an online TA and she called Celebrity and got us 6 adjoining hump cabins. If you aren't booked through a TA, just call them directly and they will work something out.

She did say that they try to reserve the triples/quads for those that really are, but they let us get all of them.

We plan to open the balcony dividers and have the biggest balcony on the open seas! :D

Archived