New to Platinum, Two for the Money

newjerseygeorge

I just became Platinum and my DW has been that level for some time. Do we get twice the dinners with wine at LaBistro? Twice the send off bottles? Twice the bags for free dry cleaning? Twice everything else? I would think the answer is yes but want to find out from other people who are also in our position. It is good to cruise a lot!:D

I just became Platinum and my DW has been that level for some time. Do we get twice the dinners with wine at LaBistro? Twice the send off bottles? Twice the bags for free dry cleaning? Twice everything else? I would think the answer is yes...

"Yes" to the first, generally "no" to the rest. If you book back-to-back you would get 4 dinners for two at Le Bistro (venue can be changed for modest charge) and two bottles and two laundry service days.

If you have a butler, some perks might be negotiable.

I just became Platinum and my DW has been that level for some time. Do we get twice the dinners with wine at LaBistro? Twice the send off bottles? Twice the bags for free dry cleaning? Twice everything else? I would think the answer is yes but want to find out from other people who are also in our position. It is good to cruise a lot!:D

Yes, you get two dinners for two at Le Bistro.

You get one bottle of sparkling wine, one fruit basket, and one order of chocolate covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation.

Yes, both of you get bags of free wash and fold laundry (not dry cleaning).

Other than that, both of you will be entitled to the latitudes gatherings and get the latitudes discounts available on board.

Yes, you get two dinners for two at Le Bistro.

You get one bottle of sparkling wine, one fruit basket, and one order of chocolate covered strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation.

Yes, both of you get bags of free wash and fold laundry (not dry cleaning).

Other than that, both of you will be entitled to the latitudes gatherings and get the latitudes discounts available on board.

Jame's experience is the same as our's. You can choose an alternative to LeBistro if you wish, paying an upcharge if applicable. We chose Moderno which has the same cost as LeBistro.

You will also receive two invitations to the Behind the Scenes tour.

Jame's experience is the same as our's. You can choose an alternative to LeBistro if you wish, paying an upcharge if applicable.

Upgrading your LeBistro coupon to a $25 restaurant varies by ship. Earlier in the year we did two weeks on the Star and the back of the coupon specifically stated we could upgrade if we paid the difference. On the Jewel this year in June and yesterday, the coupon didn't indicate either way, but the latitudes rep told me you could NOT upgrade to a $25 restaurant even if you paid the difference. I think you can always use the coupon in any restaurant $20 or less.

Upgrading your LeBistro coupon to a $25 restaurant varies by ship. Earlier in the year we did two weeks on the Star and the back of the coupon specifically stated we could upgrade if we paid the difference. On the Jewel this year in June and yesterday, the coupon didn't indicate either way, but the latitudes rep told me you could NOT upgrade to a $25 restaurant even if you paid the difference. I think you can always use the coupon in any restaurant $20 or less.

The Dawn let us upgrade to Cagneys as well. Would be okay with Moderno. But we are not fans of Le Bistro, although I could get by but my partner would not be happy.

The Dawn let us upgrade to Cagneys as well. Would be okay with Moderno. But we are not fans of Le Bistro, although I could get by but my partner would not be happy.

Agreed. I have had too many so-so experiences in LeBistro I will NOT be going back. The sample size is too large at this point for it to be a fluke. LeBistro is not bad, and some people love it, but not me.

You will get two dinners for two with two bottles of wine at LeBistro. You will only receive one bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin as well as one plate of chocolate-covered strawberries. You will both receive complimentary wash and fold service when the bag special is offered. No complimentary dry cleaning.

On our cruise in Aug. on the Jewel we received 1 coupon for laundry, our 2 past cruises we received 1 each, anyone had this happen on recent cruises?

All we had to do was stuff our clothes in the bag, fill out the laundry slip, and write platinum on it. We didn't need to use a coupon.

On our cruise in Aug. on the Jewel we received 1 coupon for laundry, our 2 past cruises we received 1 each, anyone had this happen on recent cruises?

All we had to do was stuff our clothes in the bag, fill out the laundry slip, and write platinum on it. We didn't need to use a coupon.

If I remember correctly, the laundry info was in the Platinum info pack received on embarkation day. It said cruises of 7 days and under, you could choose your laundry day. Longer cruises, you wait for the "special". Write Platinum on your laundry slip and you're good to go.

On our seven-night Dawn cruise at the end of July, it clearly stated you received the service whenever the laundry bag was offered. In our case, it was twice during the cruise. Hubby and I are both platinum so we received four bags total for the week. We wrote Platinum on the inventory sheet.

Yippee - My husband is already platinum and my next cruise takes me to platinum - we were aware of the 2 meals but didn't realise I could get most of our washing done before going home. Amaziing how much you can get in one of those bags.

Never knew we could swap to another restaurant though - thanks for the tip

Archived