Oasis Novices

We were wondering if anyone has any good advice for us as first time Oasis passengers. Is there anything you wish you knew BEFORE you went on the ship??

Thanks so much...leaving Saturday.

JUST ENJOY!!! I was all over the boards looking for info and the best thing that was said to me was just that .... ENJOY! I will tell you I was told you can't do all there is to do in a week and we found that to be true for us. There were several things that when we got the opportunity to do, like the rising tide bar, playing mini golf ... that I can think of off the top of my head, that we were either too tired or doing something else and said, oh, we'll do that tomorrow ... then the day we were leaving went .... 'oh, we didn't do that!' But, it's all good. We booked all our shows before hand except the Ice Show ... it was all booked online, but when you get onboard you can go directly and book it, which we did with no problem. So, we saw everything we wanted to. We also chose to eat at Chops and thought it was fabulous! Food, service, everything .... we ate outside and the lites, the atmosphere ... beautiful! First night we were seated in the dining room with a lovely family ... mother, father, grandmother and 2 children that was very nice, except they didn't speak much English! Next day we asked to be moved and no problem ... had a wonderful group of people for the rest of week and they all spoke English! Saw the group later and they waved ... think they got some Spanish Speaking tablemates! Our waiters and the food was great .... our Room Steward was fabulous and couldn't do enough for us. The Roast Beef Sandwich in Central Park is to die for!! That was the first stop when we boarded!! LOL!! The ship itself is not only an Engineering Marvel .... it's really beautiful. We never felt croweded at all ... we were on and off really easily ... it's amazing when you think of all those people and how well it all works. She is one special ship! It is true, the 'experience of the ship' is what it is all about .... doesn't really matter where you are going! I think you'll love her!! We did! :D Have fun!!:)

We found the WJ to be a bit chaotic on boarding day, but enjoyed a nice lunch at the park cafe...later in the week the cafe gets busier as more people "find" it, so it's pretty quiet the first day. We've also eaten in the Wipe Out cafe on deck 15 when the kids enjoyed the pool (pack your suits in the carry-ons!) bit as many options here as WJ, but the pretzel dogs are especially yummy!

We were wondering if anyone has any good advice for us as first time Oasis passengers. Is there anything you wish you knew BEFORE you went on the ship??

Thanks so much...leaving Saturday.

oh for Pete's sake just get on the ship and have a blast. Then come back and tell us what you did.

If you really want all my suggestions;) they are in my review below! But I agree with relax, and have fun and don't try to do it all! I also agree with study the deck plans- that's in my tips too;)

And make sure to plan in the things you want to do but arent on the cruise compass or you can forget them - like have drinks on the balcony or walk on the jogging track, sit in Central Park at night etc) whatever you like, schedule it like a show so you get a chance to do it.

Have a blast!

By chance I noticed a tour of Central Park being given on the first sea day. It was free, very interesting, the officer gave a ton of information on the ship itself not just Central Park. It lasted an hour and I really enjoyed it. I am so glad I found this. It was worth the time.

I will add what others have said relax and enjoy your time. You will probably have to prioritize everything you think you would like to do.

Don't waste time or calories eating the donuts on the boardwalk. They were gross, dry and tastless. When I told my dh we were going back on Oasis this year he said if you can't find me I will be on the boardwalk eating corn dogs. Last time he didn't find them until the last day. He almost cried.

Kathy

There are always "no shows" at the shows and if you get there about 15-20 minutes ahead of time, you are almost guaranteed to get in.

The art tour was really interesting too.

On embarkation day I start at the top and tour the ship, forward to aft, deck by deck (sort of) so I have an idea of where things are. The locator maps around the ship are terrific for helping you to find where you want to go too.

Have a wonderful time, the Oasis is an awesome ship!

Archived