Default Dunn's River Falls and dolphin Cove tour OCHO RIO ?

elifnena

I'm thinking of booking this excursion thru NCL for OCHO RIO, the description of the tour states that we will go to dunns river and then to dolphin cove and will not be swimming with dolphin just go to the park. My questions is how is the park, the tours also stated that there other animals in the park to see like bird and other. has any one done a similar tour with NLC or any other Cruise line?

thanks

elinena

I'm thinking of booking this excursion thru NCL for OCHO RIO, the description of the tour states that we will go to dunns river and then to dolphin cove and will not be swimming with dolphin just go to the park. My questions is how is the park, the tours also stated that there other animals in the park to see like bird and other. has any one done a similar tour with NLC or any other Cruise line?

thanks

elinena

We did a similar tour on a Carnival cruise back in 2006. Dunns River Falls was beautiful and climbing the falls was fun, make sure you have water shoes because it can be slippery. Be prepared for the guides to essentially demand a tip - they will follow you back to the lockers to get it too. Very pushy.

We swam with the dolphins at dolphin cove and it was wonderful. Bought the video too - I love looking back at it! There are a number of other animals around, I have photos with snakes and birds, we saw donkeys. It was a very pretty place. At that time there was a small beach to sit at and a small restaurant as well. Got a beautiful photo of a pier there. Unfortunately I can't upload any photos right now as they are on a disk at home.

At Dolphin Cove they took candid photos and then had them up for sale in their gift shop at the end of the day as well.

Our whole family found something to enjoy on this excursion and I wouldn't hesistate to recommend it. Just be prepared for pushy guides at Dunn's River Falls and for people at Dolphin Cove trying to get you to "sample the local vegatation" (don't do it - there are some who are undercover police trying to entrap visitors).

Hi elinena , My family did this about 6 years ago so I'm not sure if it has changed........ but here are my lasting memories from the day:

When we arrived at the Falls parking lot, there were the usual locals trying to sell jewelry. We kept walking, saying "no thank you" we were "harrassed" more than any other place, on any other trip. The people would not leave us alone and were actually putting them on our 3 young children as we walked and then yelling angrily at us to pay for them. Once at the falls, they give you water shoes, my husband and three children did the walk up, in the falls (I stayed with my mother who had a bad knee), we were able to sit on a deck and watch them walk up the falls. Everyone walks up in a single file line holding on to the next person in line. The falls were beautiful. The report form the participants was that the water was freezing and it was very slippery. As I said, things may have changed but you should check........ when we went the dolphine time was not a "swim" but you wore your bathing suit and they gave you a life jacket to wear. you all line up and stand in a couple feet of water, the dolphin slowely comes by so you can touch it and have your photo taken with it. (They charge for the photo or you can have someone not participating on the side with a camara (my mom did this for us). I do not remember any sort of "park" and as I recall, there was no time for meandering. The arranged transportation kept things moving along. Hope this is helpful! We have done many excursions through the years, with the ships and on our own. This was our only experience on Jamaica but we have friends from there and fsounds like at this island it is better to be with a tour.

Archived