Bora Bora only place for mantas?

RumRunner01

Hi everyone! Myself and 2 friends just booked the TP for 11/20. I'm a huge fan of snorkeling and have always wanted to see the mantas and after searching this forum and the Internet it looks like mantas can be found around Bora Bora only. Or are they also found near any of the other islands (we are doing the Marquesas rounte). Thank you!

Amy

Is this a special tour to see mantas specifically? We only say stingrays on our excursions and through snorkeling, no mantas, and we were in BB for 6 days. That would have been neat to see!

You are in luck laurasue. We also did the Marquesas itinerary and saw manta's in Rangiroa and Bora Bora. It was one of my goals on this cruise to finally be able to swim with a manta ray. I will never forget it.

Mike

Mike, did you do a tour through Princess or on your own? Do you remember who you did it with? Was it a day or night dive/snorkel? Last year in Kona we did a night snorkel to see Mantas but they never came. I'm still trying to find them. LOL

Both dives were through Princess. The Rangiroa dive shop, The 6 Passengers, will not do individual dives for Princess cruisers. Our dive guide was Fred. He was great as was the whole crew at The 6 Passengers. On Bora Bora we had a dive guide named Eric. He was quite good also, a real comic too. I don't know the name of the dive shop he was from. I have some pictures in our review of the Zodiacs we used on Rangiroa and Eric on Bora Bora. Since the Marquesas itinerary doesn't stay in Bora Bora overnight, both of the dives were in the day.

Archived