Royalcruz, Help Please? LaQuinta, No 26th Ave to Hollywood Beach Transport

girlscruise2011

Royalcruz, I am staying one night precruise at LaQuinta and wanted to take my family to walk around Hollywood Beach. I originally was going to have a rental car but decided it was too much trouble for one night since we are sailing out of Miami.

Is there bus service to take us there? If not, how much would a taxi costs us? Its not really that important to go but wanted to do something to waste a few hours.

As always, thanks for your help on these boards :D

The #12 bus runs through Oakwood Plaza, then east on Sheridan St to Hollywood North Beach Park. There is a trolley that runs along the beach road Wed-Sun 10-10. I don't go to Hollywood beach, so I can't advise you further.

The phone number for Hollywood tourism can tell you more about the beaches and Broadwalk and trolley 877-672-2468.

The #12 bus runs through Oakwood Plaza, then east on Sheridan St to Hollywood North Beach Park. There is a trolley that runs along the beach road Wed-Sun 10-10. I don't go to Hollywood beach, so I can't advise you further.

The phone number for Hollywood tourism can tell you more about the beaches and Broadwalk and trolley 877-672-2468.

Thank you Royalcruz. I will definately give them a call. I planning on headed over to Oakwood Plaza to pick up some last minute things and probably grab something to eat but need something to do to waste a few hours. I was at Hollywood Beach October 2011 but had to leave when it started to rain. Have wanted to get back since to walk and check out everything on the Boardwalk. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time.

You might also inquire at the hotel if their shuttle van would run you down to the beach. If you catch them after the cruise ship rush, they might do that for you. And then you find your own way back. It's 3 miles to the north end of the Broadwalk from the hotel, so a cab wouldn't be too bad.

You might also inquire at the hotel if their shuttle van would run you down to the beach. If you catch them after the cruise ship rush, they might do that for you. And then you find your own way back. It's 3 miles to the north end of the Broadwalk from the hotel, so a cab wouldn't be too bad.

I read a few months back from someone that stayed there that were able to use the shuttle so I called the hotel directly and I was told no. So I'm not sure if it has changed since the poster stayed or if they say no so they aren't obligated. I guess when I get there I'll find out. If not, I take a cab. Its the price you pay for vacation.:D

Thank you Royalcruz. I will definately give them a call. I planning on headed over to Oakwood Plaza to pick up some last minute things and probably grab something to eat but need something to do to waste a few hours. I was at Hollywood Beach October 2011 but had to leave when it started to rain. Have wanted to get back since to walk and check out everything on the Boardwalk. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this time.

Hollywood Ale House has the best food in Oakwood IMO.

Royalcruz, is it GOOD food or just the best place to eat at the mall itself:confused:

It makes a difference ;)

Oakwood is a huge outdoor plaza with national chain restaurants. Hollywood Ale House is a Florida chain...it's a sports bar/grill, but people do go there for the food even when there isn't a game on. It's not the best place in the county, but it is good, and the best place in Oakwood IMO. I like the sliders, zinger salad, and fish tacos. They have a lobster night and heavier foods too. It's a pretty big menu.

Oakwood is a huge outdoor plaza with national chain restaurants. Hollywood Ale House is a Florida chain...it's a sports bar/grill, but people do go there for the food even when there isn't a game on. It's not the best place in the county, but it is good, and the best place in Oakwood IMO. I like the sliders, zinger salad, and fish tacos. They have a lobster night and heavier foods too. It's a pretty big menu.

I did look at the menu and it is pretty big which is good with 5 people who don't like the same things. I'll keep it in mind if we end up not going to Hollywood Beach boardwalk and just decide to hang at the hotel.

Thanks again for all the info

I'll add my +1 for the Ale House. We ate there as well as across the parking lot at TGI Fridays, and preferred the Ale House for food and atmosphere. When we were there, they also offered a discount upon presentation of your room key from the hotel.

I'll add my +1 for the Ale House. We ate there as well as across the parking lot at TGI Fridays, and preferred the Ale House for food and atmosphere. When we were there, they also offered a discount upon presentation of your room key from the hotel.

Thanks DanJ...thats very good to know. Any savings is good.

Archived