Celebrity and Princess

dinosaurdem

I have spent about 80% of my cruise days on Celebrity and 15% on Princess. I have given both lines permission to send me email. Princess sends infrequently and almost always offers special pricing. Celebrity inundates my inbox with redundant advertising telling me things I already know and rarely offers special pricing. Celebrity, you can do better.

I have spent about 80% of my cruise days on Celebrity and 15% on Princess. I have given both lines permission to send me email. Princess sends infrequently and almost always offers special pricing. Celebrity inundates my inbox with redundant advertising telling me things I already know and rarely offers special pricing. Celebrity, you can do better.

You can always apply filters. I have all emails from cruise lines (and even 1 airline) filtered and moved to a folder called 'cruise spam'. I never see them. (the odds are that any real, important emails aren't from the addresses I've filtered). Once every few weeks I quickly scan the 'cruise spam' folder and then delete the lot.

You can always apply filters. I have all emails from cruise lines (and even 1 airline) filtered and moved to a folder called 'cruise spam'. I never see them. (the odds are that any real, important emails aren't from the addresses I've filtered). Once every few weeks I quickly scan the 'cruise spam' folder and then delete the lot.

Good idea, but I am also asking Celebrity to be at least as respectful of frequent cruisers as Princess.

That is a great solution..how did you set it up? As you can tell, I am computer challenged! I have an older Dell -Windows XP and Verizon email. I'm not too fond of Verizon email but we have the bundle with tv, phone, internet.

Thanks for any info!

What do you call "Special Pricing"? Like the Tuesday Specials?

Since someone asked, I'll try and help, but let me assure you I am no expert in this stuff.

Every email program has filters as an option, but they probably all do it somewhat differently.

For Gmail, which I'm using, go to settings-settings-filters-create a new filter and fill in boxes. You may have to experiment.

Using this example, what I have selected for

Do this: Skip Inbox, Apply label "cruise spam"

So all email from that address goes to the 'cruise spam' folder without ever being in my inbox. You'll probably have to use more than one filter per cruise line.

For those worried, important stuff doesn't seem to come from that address. For example, reservation confirmations come from documentation@rccl.com

final payment due reminder comes from celebritywebsupport@celebrity.com

I still quickly scan the cruise spam folder every time it builds up to 80 or 90 messages (which doesn't take very long).

Bryan

Archived