Cave-Tubing-Belize-VIV tours

Beachygirl48

We want to go cave-tubing with this tour company. I have a lot of good this about them. The question is My boyfriend and I both want do the cave tubing but he want to add the zip lining to his. I do not want to zip line. Can he do that and still stay with me during the caves?

We went cavetubing in Belize last Wednesday with CavetubingRUs.com I can't say enough good things about it; Dave, Henry and Marcel were wonderful and the experience was amazing. I simply e-mailed them and Dave responded to me immediately. They meet you right outside the Port when you tender Belize. The cost was $50. per person, which you paid after your experience. The caves are about a half-hour EXCITING drive from Belize City. You must be able to walk half an hour carrying your Tube. I am past middle age and had no problem at all. You also have to ford two rivers - which is fun and wonderfully refreshing. You are required to wear shoes that can get wet - no flipflops. A pair of old sneakers or Teva sandals are best - water shoes are not as good, as the paths are composed of rocks. The guys are friendly and experienced and have a lot of information on the plants, animals, etc. as you walk through the rain forest - I promise you will love it - especially being "blessed" by the Mayan gods! As for ziplining - if your next stop is Roatan, your boyfriend will be able to zipline just a short (5 minute) walk from the ship. Clip & Zip offers 11 ziplines and terrific guides. It cost us $60. per person. lDon't do the Ships tour. Just walk off the ship and you'll immediate ly see the sign for "Clip & Zip". We were able to have a private tour - just my husband, myself and our two guides. As we finished the ship's tour was just starting. We were able to walk back to the ship, shower and change for the beach. Lots of time to do both. If you don't want to zipline you can spend about an hour shopping while your boyfriend goes - but I highly recommend trying it - it was so much fun. Michael and Joshua were great guides. (it's been named one of the 5 best ziplines in the world)

We want to go cave-tubing with this tour company. I have a lot of good this about them. The question is My boyfriend and I both want do the cave tubing but he want to add the zip lining to his. I do not want to zip line. Can he do that and still stay with me during the caves?

We went cave tubing with VIV back in May. It was fantastic!! The only thing I wish I knew was to bring a snack. We got really hungry after we were done, and still had an hour ride back to port so we bought a very expensive tube of Pringles for lunch at the caves.

Can't answer about zipping. Sorry.

Edited by stargate fan

I think I read that Clp n Zip in Roatan was taken over by Carnival so must book thru them to zip line.

I just checked ClipNZip's website. It appears that the only way to make reservations is now through the shore excursion desk.

Bummer. We zipped with CNZ back in May. It was our first time zipping and we are now hooked. It only cost us $40 pp. The price through shore excursions is now $59.99.

I think I read that Clp n Zip in Roatan was taken over by Carnival so must book thru them to zip line.

Technically it is Carnival, but we didn't book with them - we just walked up to the Clip & Zip counter when we got off the ship. This was just last Thursday.

We went cave tubing with VIV back in May. It was fantastic!! The only thing I wish I knew was to bring a snack. We got really hungry after we were done, and still had an hour ride back to port so we bought a very expensive tube of Pringles for lunch at the caves.

Can't answer about zipping. Sorry.

We did cave tubing dot bz (for belize) and it was only $45 and it came with lunch. That was perfect because you're right, you're starving when you're done!!

We enjoyed our time with them and would do it again.

:-)

Shawn

We used VIV twice and if you email them yes you can add one for both Cave/Zip and one for Cave only. They are great! They also provide lunch after the tour, but like poster above said I snack may come in handy!:)

PS they do one tour first then the next so if Zip is first you will watch and take pictures then you will all go tubing!

Edited by cruise_pirate

We did cavetubing with VIV in July and LOVED it. They are awesome. The tubes are new and are top of the line. The tubes were larger than the tubes used by the other groups we saw, plus they have a mesh netting bottom with handles on the side and a back/headrest...very comfy. Oh...and the tubes hook together with clips rather than holding on to other peoples feet. Our guides were fantastic and told us so much about the caves and he history. They took pictures of our group for us and told us the best spots for photos.

The ziplining is good. and yes...you can do just cavetubing while your boyfiend does both. not a problem.

If you are going to Roatan, I suggest ziplining at South Shore...They are the best we have encountered. We had a group of 8 and had 4 guides with us. The guides there are so much fun. They took pictures of my adventurous sons ziplining upside down and doing the superman. Also on South Shore... you have ocean views from 5 (or 6 zips)...breath taking.

Hope this helps.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I can't answer for this company (though I bet if you emailed them, they would tell you!)

But we went zipling/cave tubing combo with cavetubing.bz and it was no problem for me to not zipline. I went with the zipline group and just hung out in the (air conditioned!) bus until they were done. The driver and I chatted, and it felt like an excursion in it's own right, I learned so much about Belize life during the time they were gone.

(Edit: Sorry - just saw the OP was made in 2012. I'm guessing they already figured it out by now!)

Edited by skittl1321