Missed cruise connection

Arnica

I always cruise from UK as I worry about missing the cruise because of flight delays. Even if I arranged a hotel and travelled the day before it would not guarantee catching my cuise if delayed for many hours. Does anyone have any ideas about insurance to cover this eventuality pls? Cheers

I always cruise from UK as I worry about missing the cruise because of flight delays. Even if I arranged a hotel and travelled the day before it would not guarantee catching my cuise if delayed for many hours. Does anyone have any ideas about insurance to cover this eventuality pls? Cheers

Seeing as you're from the UK, I believe it is the responsibility of your travel provider to get you to the ship.

However, if you bypassed purchasing your travel from a UK provider and purchased from a US provider, then you have to make every reasonable attempt to catch up to the ship at the next foreign port at your expense. Then, you can file a claim for trip interruption.

UK and US consumer protection laws are vastly different.

Hi Arnica

Before you take out insurance check what the insurance covers you for. From what I have seen so far the insurance companies cover for missed flights/cruises etc, however each company will have a different amount of cover. If you look at the internet and type in Travel insurance policy documents you will get a list and you can easily view what is covered.

Hope this will help. Regards Jo.

Archived