C2 cabins on Silhouette

crazycruiselady

Does anyone know if all the C2 cabins on the Silhouette are obstructed view? According to the Travelocity web site they are. If they're obstructed, is it just a small obstruction or a major one?

Thanks for your help.

No, most (if not all) are NOT obstructed. If any are obstructed they would be designated as such on Celebrity's website. Generally 2C and 2D category staterooms are the one's with the most obstructions on S-Class ships (with 2D being the worst) and only a handful of other staterooms have obstructions - and so far as I know, none of these others staterooms is badly obstructed.

I just went on the cabin info sticky located at the top of the Celebrity forum and even though they do not list your cabin they do have 8112 which is next door. According to a previous cruiser there are no obstructions so you should be fine. The bridge is overhead of you.

Does anyone know if all the C2 cabins on the Silhouette are obstructed view? According to the Travelocity web site they are. If they're obstructed, is it just a small obstruction or a major one?

Thanks for your help.

I am wondering if you might be a slight bit confused...?

Are you talking about "C2" or "2C"?

I know it can be confusing, but those are two very different categories...

C2 cabins are "concierge class"...like #2111 we just sailed in on Eclipse...they are NOT obstructed...

It is the category 2C cabins that have the "obstructed views"... Those and the 2Ds...2Cs and 2Ds are all on Deck 6...and are located just above and behind the row of lifeboats...the 2Ds are behind the "tenders"--the larger lifeboats...the tenders come up as high as the balcony railing in some places ...so your view is OVER the boats...they can be a bit distracting...the 2Cs are behind the smaller lifeboats...these come up to about the level of the floor of the balcony...so, you can look easily out over them, but, looking down toward the water, the lifeboat is I the way...

Not all of these obstructions are equal of course...it depends on where you are I comparison to the lifeboats...some cabins lie between lifeboats, so there is more of a view...others lie smack behind the middle of a lifeboat...or, worse, a tender...these have a more obstructed view...

Now, C2s, OTOH, are wonderful cabins...

Archived