Dolphin excursion

mcbor

This is my first cruise and I am overwhelmed with all the excursions - book with the ship, book independent.:confused: :confused: I have booked the Dolphin Swim & Snorkel Adventure through Carnival. It was pretty expensive for 3 of us. Would I be better off booking through someone else? If so, any recommendations? Thanks.

I booked our excursion thru dolphindiscovery when we were in Cozumel in March and saved quite a bit of money for the exact same thing that Carnival was offering.. we had a family of 8 so that savings was pretty substantial.. I used to be afraid to do excursions on my own but love trying the different ones that I find out about on these boards.. There are a few ports that I wouldnt dare do my own excursions, but for the most part you can find the same excursions on your own for less money..

dolphin discovery is sold out on th eonly day we can do that excursion. can anyone recommend another agency?

this list keeps posting about the dolphin swin- has anyone done the swim with the sea lions?

Try cozumelinsider.com or shoretrips.com. We booked for a 6/19 cruise through the latter and saved money ($125 each for the interactive swim).

I also tried both sites to get the time I wanted - one had 2pm (a little too late for our comfort), but shoretrips had a noon swim.

The nice thing about doing this on your own is that you can then stay at Chankanaab Park and snorkel, eat, wander, etc. With the Carnival excursion, you have to leave after the swim. Yes, you'll have to pay for your taxi to Chankanaab (~$10 for 1-4 people in the cab) and the entry fee (~$12 each), but you'll get to stay at the Park.

I did the Sea Lion Swim ~ It actually ended up being more fun than I thought. You get to see the Sea Lion do tricks and then it will do tricks with you in the water. It's pretty inexpensive if you include it in the package- which also includes the Sea Lion Show and park entrance.

Archived