how far (walking) from Le Havre port to bus station?

Us Two

We are still not sure where to go when we dock in Le Havre. We thought ETretat, but when enquiring on this board we got some negative replies , so are now looking at Honfluer,

So for any who have done this journey, how far a walk is it from Port to Bus for Honfluer? Is it easy to find? We will be in touch with the tourist board in new yr as we wont be there till May 2013.

Really appreciate all your help and time.....Joan.

Thanks Hank, I was hopeing you would give a reply, as I know you have had some experience in the area, even tho you drove.

So if it's doable we'll try it! Ship docked for 11hrs. :D So unless we end up asking others on our roll call to share a taxi to honfleur , we will try the bus. It is still too far out to get next yrs timetable for bus, but very interested. ....Thanks so much....Joan.

Thanks Hank, I was hopeing you would give a reply, as I know you have had some experience in the area, even tho you drove.

So if it's doable we'll try it! Ship docked for 11hrs. :D So unless we end up asking others on our roll call to share a taxi to honfleur , we will try the bus. It is still too far out to get next yrs timetable for bus, but very interested. ....Thanks so much....Joan.

And now for the rest of the story :). It was a lovely Saturday morning when we walked from our ship to the train station to catch a train to Rouen. After a lovely day (the weather was perfect) we took a return train back to Le Havre arriving about 5pm (we were not leaving the port until 11pm). We walked outside the station and decided to take a taxi back to the ship since we were exhausted. But alas, there were zero taxis and about 10 people waiting. Some were on their cell phones trying to get some taxis. After 15 min only 2 taxis came and we finally gave up and made the trek all the way back to the port :(/

Hank

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
We were there last October and took the bus to Honfluer. A great way to spend the day. The Bus Station is about a half hour walk, but Celebrity Cruise ran a shuttle bus from the port to town for I think $15.00 per person. Good place to find info & directions is www.whatsinport.com

I was on Princess last year and they ran a shuttle to all the way downtown with stops along the way. I think it was $7 per person.

An aside; I don't know what day you are arriving in Le Harve, but if it is on a Sunday, just about all of Le Harve is closed up. We planned to go to Honfleur after Church but changed our mind. Taxis are not well marked and were hard to find and after seeing how little was open, I didn't do it. As it turns out, those people who did go to Honfleur told us that just about everything was open.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last week and there was a free bus (provided by the city) taking people from the ship to the top of the main street and also to the big shopping complex (which my hubby said was hopeless- nothing there). It went in a circle all day. FREE

We were on MSC and there was another ship also (AIDAsol?) they had one for each ship but they were docked next to each other so we just got the other ships one back as it arrived first.

Archived