Carnival Pride Wedding Review w/ Pics

Tiffany1203

Embarkation -A few months before our wedding we did a site inspection of the Pride and I was so upset to see that the bride and groom were in the same room as the wedding guests before everyone boarded the ship. So I asked my wedding officiant a week before if there was anything that could be done to keep me separate from everyone since my hair and makeup was going to be done. They allowed me to check in separate from my husband and I was to wait in the VIP lounge (with my bridesmaids) while everyone else was in that special holding room they put you in. The only down fall was I had to board after all my guests and husband boarded. I felt this was ok because all I had to do was put my dress on.

Pre Ceremony- While I was in our suite getting ready the wedding coordinator was there with me giving me tid bits of information. She was terrific. Even with the little things like letting me know not to look at the officiant while he is speaking. To keep my eyes on my husband. Because its human nature to look at someone who is speaking to you. She also was trying to calm me down because I was extremely nervous. Again they (I had 2) were great!

Ceremony - We had our wedding in the Butterflies Lounge. The room has soft lighting on and it was beautiful. The ceremony itself flew by. We even had people read a poem in the beginning, a sand ceremony, and another poem at the end.

Reception - Ivory Piano Bar - I love this room. It was a little small for my 70 people but it was great. Again as soon as they announced us and we walked in they had us cut the cake and do a toast. Again this time flew by. But it was wonderful and I wouldnt change anything about it.

_MG_6262.jpg.e1029641ca3b5187e489b18e9fefc8c8.jpg

_MG_6338.jpg.84d873f756c5a2e00977f2fa7c57b53c.jpg

_MG_6413.jpg.eb1b4e5703816c869f3afe36d3982110.jpg

_MG_6438.jpg.1d7c91197459f06316ea12c5991bc896.jpg

_MG_6527.jpg.23cca2e30680da2e97c6fdd310b204d6.jpg

_MG_5949.jpg.692bf7d7d25003285bbb73829a87654b.jpg

_MG_6429.jpg.b12bd242c6968cb530fee6fb0ba44453.jpg

You look absolutely amazing in your dress!!! Did you make your bouquet? It looks like it has some bling!! So beautiful! Did you purchase the video?

I did make the bouquet...its called a brooch bouquet...was heavy but came out so beautiful. I did not have the video done. I kind if wish I did looking back but my pictures came out far more beautiful than I thought they would so Im pleased with that.

Your photos are beautiful. How many pictures did you end up purchasing? Was the photographer easy to work with in terms of packages?

The pictures killed me! They all turned out amazing. I ende dup with the most expensive package because the difference was things like 80 8x10s or the next package under that only have 20 8x10s. There was no way I could weed out 60 8x10s. The photographer did let me change things in my package like instead of getting 3 16x20s and only 1 parent book I got 1 16x20 and 3 parent books.

I had looked at the pricing sheet for carnival and thoght Ill get the 749 package...nope...the wedding and the pictures cost the same amount. :eek: But I dont regret it at all....the picutures are the best pictures I ahve ever seen...quality wise and with how great they came out.

Archived