How far to Baby Beach?

Worn out mailman

It will be almost 16 years between my previous visit to Aruba and my cruise which stops there next March.

I'd like to bring my girlfriend to Baby Beach. Have any of you visited there while on a cruise? If so, do you remember what you paid for a cab, and how far it was from the cruise ship port?

Thanks, anyone, for your help. :)

what you paid for a cab, and how far it was from the cruise ship port?

Thanks, anyone, for your help. :)

Baby beach is near the southern tip, about 20 miles from the port. Here is a link to taxi rates, everything is regulated in Aruba by destination so the taxis don't have meters.

http://www.visitaruba.com/readBlob.do?id=1670

According to this the fare is $38 from town to Baby Beach. Never been there but I've heard it's nice! :D

Baby beach is near the southern tip, about 20 miles from the port. Here is a link to taxi rates, everything is regulated in Aruba by destination so the taxis don't have meters.

http://www.visitaruba.com/readBlob.do?id=1670

According to this the fare is $38 from town to Baby Beach. Never been there but I've heard it's nice! :D

Thank you for that!

I wouldn't go so far as to call Baby Beach 'nice', but it's an awesome snorkel spot. I'll look at the chart you sent me, maybe we'll plan a short trip to Baby Beach, then a trip across to Eagle Beach or some nicer beach to sit on. :)

Thanks again. :)

• 1 month later...

Be careful when snorkeling at Baby Beach. There can be very strong currents, beyond

the rock wall. Fairly recently, a person was snorkeling just pass the opening, and was swept away by the strong current.

When I snorkeled there, similiar conditions existed. The tour operator tried to lure

fish, into the protected area, by feeding them.

I loved baby beach, the water is beautiful! It feels like a bit of a drive, I have been there 3 different times. Snorkeling is amazing there but I have never gone further than the rocks because of this supposed current, I don't want to find out the hard way! :o

I loved baby beach, the water is beautiful! It feels like a bit of a drive, I have been there 3 different times. Snorkeling is amazing there but I have never gone further than the rocks because of this supposed current, I don't want to find out the hard way! :o

That is smart. There are several drownings there every year. The water is so calm inside the reef so it looks misleading. Some have been tourists staying on the island and some have been cruisers.

Love Baby Beach but it is not something quick to get to. Factor in traffic time as well. Eagle is north of the cruise port. Baby Beach is at the southern tip past San Nicholas. You can not cross over from BB to Eagle. You have to go back the way you came and then some to get to Eagle.

Archived