Help on Room

shellinglady

Hi, and welcome to the boards. If you'll click here, it'll take you to the Carnival board - It's still 'Cruise Critic', but lots more info there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=-1

In the meantime, I'll tell you what I know about the area around U-176. I've sailed on the Holiday four times (loved every minute!), and I've had cabins on Upper Deck twice, U-74, and U-144. I think you're in a very good location, not much motion in that area, and you're only a short distance from an elevator - which makes it nice and easy to come and go. I like Upper Deck better than Empress, as there isn't any 'deck noise' above you.:)

Cotton, what we newbie on Holiday do without you?

We are going to be in R97 with SIL's family right next door. From what I've heard its the best place to be if someone has problems with motionsickness. I'm really worried about my DH

Hi Jill!:) Thx - I love to help newbies! R-97 should be great for your DH. The lower and more mid-ship you are located, the less motion. Some folks don't want to be on Riveria Deck - and I've never understood why unless they think it's SO far to the Lido Deck.....that's so silly - I mean, it's only an extra 2 minute elevator ride.:rolleyes:

I truly think if your DH will take one non-drowsy Bonine the morning you head for the ship, and one every morning during the cruise, there should be NO problems. Works for me, and I've had motion sickness all my life. Hope y'all have a fantastic cruise!

I stayed on the Riveria deck of the Legend. It is very quiet down there. Nice place to be. People- especially first time cruisers -- dont like the riveria deck for one--they think its under water-- or they think they live with the crew.

Actually the Riveria deck is the same as the Lido deck--only you got the same cabin for a lot cheaper

Hi, and welcome to the boards. If you'll click here, it'll take you to the Carnival board - It's still 'Cruise Critic', but lots more info there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=-1

In the meantime, I'll tell you what I know about the area around U-176. I've sailed on the Holiday four times (loved every minute!), and I've had cabins on Upper Deck twice, U-74, and U-144. I think you're in a very good location, not much motion in that area, and you're only a short distance from an elevator - which makes it nice and easy to come and go. I like Upper Deck better than Empress, as there isn't any 'deck noise' above you.:)

Thank you so much for the information Cotton, My first cruise and very nerveous

Archived