looking for opinions

DOHC

I know this wasn't listed as one of your options, but my vote goes to Mr Sancho's. I was there last week (boo hoo) and it was just perfect. All the clear blue water you could ask, lounge chairs, water sports available, and it wasn't crowded.

We were just there also, I parasailed for the first time!!!! It was great. not at all crowded.....which, when you are up there in the sky you don't want too much traffic below, if you know what I mean. The water was the blueest I've ever seen and the beach was very clean. 55$ to Parasail and 55$ for 30min of wave running. they also had banana boat rides. Wish I was there now!

:( Trisha

We were just there also, I parasailed for the first time!!!! It was great. not at all crowded.....which, when you are up there in the sky you don't want too much traffic below, if you know what I mean. The water was the blueest I've ever seen and the beach was very clean. 55$ to Parasail and 55$ for 30min of wave running. they also had banana boat rides. Wish I was there now!

:( Trisha

Do you know if there is an age restriction? I have 2 DD ages 9 and 14.

Do you know if there is an age restriction? I have 2 DD ages 9 and 14.

I don't believe it is an age restriction as much as a weight restriction... the 9 year old may not be able to, depending on what she weighs... Depending on the wind, etc, I have heard that they are most comfortable with 90 lbs and higher, but I have also heard they have done 50 lbs... they may have a harness that can fit you and your DD... just check with the company offering Parasailing and they will let you know! Good luck!

Were just at Paradise Beach and it was wonderful. So clean , friendly and had everything we wanted. Playa Mia is where the ship excursions go and you can walk down to it from Paradise Beach if you really want to.

We were in Coz in October, we went to Playa Mia and it was great! There were 12 in our group and not one person had any complaints. The water was great, the beach was great and they have all kinds of non motorized water toys to use.

The pool was sparkling clean, my kids loved it, but much prefered climbing the huge Iceberg in the waterand jumping on the water trampoline. Our included drinks were good enough for the DH's to get pretty toasted, and the food was decent also. As for the vendors, like all the rest in Mexico if you ignore them and keep walking they leave you alone. Our group had a blast and we spent most of the day there. We went to Chakanaba in the AM to swim with the dolphins then went on down to Playa Mia and spent the rest of the day there and it was excellent! I have to say that in the picture of Playa Mia it is overcast which make it look a little dingy compared to the other picture. I will post my picture of Playa Mia if I can find a hard copy to scan as I lost many of my digital photos when my computer crashed about a month ago! Hope you have a great time whatever you choose. :)

Linda

PS This was our second visit to Playa Mia and we loved it both times! :D

cruzn buckeye we have decided on the nochi cocum beach club for $32 you can't really beat it they have a swim up bar and all ! I'm still trying to figure out how far playa mia is away if it is in walking distance we can head down that way and check that beach out.

Have done Playa Mia....Passion island, Paradise on past cruises...

Last 2 cruises, we took a $20 cab ride to MR Sanchos...GREAT beach, GREAT drinks, GREAT food.....beach is free, but food/drinks are ala carte, pay as you go. The $14 margarita is to die for...3 of those between DH and I ...well happy, happy :D

Some of our gang went to Playa Mia with the tour...they were only slightly disappointed...Passion Island tour...great beach, horseflies you can ride, great food, mediocre drinks...same for Paradise beach. Try em all...you don't have to do a tour...:rolleyes:

Have a blast !! Wish I was going again...2 weeks home and miss it already...

What beach would you all recommend for a small group of 18 year old girls? I was really thinking Playa Mia because of the young, fun atmosphere and all the activities, but is it really super crowded? We are looking to socialize and aren't exactly avoiding the "young party crowd", but we still don't want anything too chaotic. Paradise Beach sounds nice, but also sounds like it has to potential to be a little boring. Mr. Sancho's and Playa San Francisco are options, as well....do they charge for admission? Which beach do you think we'd like the most?

My wife said that PB had the cleanest bathroom she has ever seen in Mexico.

I used to work in the restraunt biz. One thing that I learned- if the bathroom is a mess, then the kitchean and bar area aren't far behind...

herecomesthesun. Me and my buddy are heading to Nachi Cocum for $32 it's all inclusive. drinks,food they have a swim up bar and large jacuzzi. Were both 23 and pretty much into the party scene.

• 2 weeks later...

My BF and I are in our late 20's and we loved Mr Sancho's in April when we were there. We rented waverunners and had a blast. There was no charge to get in and there was also shopping right there at the entrance. The big plus for us was that there were hardly any little kids there(at least the day we were there). I was concerned that Paradise would be kiddie land which is why we chose Sancho's instead. As for a 'party beach', there were a decent amount of people there, but it wasn't crowded so I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for. For anyone oging to Sancho's you can print out coupons for a free margarita at http://www.cozumelinsider.com -they were very good

Another vote for Paradise Beach. I've tried several but Paradise is my favorite. Massages are great, service is friendly, drinks & food are excellent and restrooms are by far the cleanest in Mexico. PB Tom has a large staff working constantly to make this beach fun for all. Like GoinCruisin said....visit the ports of call section for lots of info. PB Tom answers lots of questions there.

I'm with GC and Brenda- been t Paradise Beaxh 3 times and love it!

PB Tom is the best host as well as his staff--

The water is beautiful as you can see by the pic that GC posted.

Going back there again in Sept!

Archived