Post cruise - Late flight - Miami Beach or Hollywood Beach

northwoods2

We will be on the Allure out of Ft. Lauderdale -debarking on June 23rd, and I am looking at booking a flight that leaves out of MIA at 7:30 pm.

What are some ideas for what to do with our time?

- last time we spent 6 hours at MIA airport in the flight lounge. Need something more exciting.

- we already have done an Everglades airboat so that is out.

- DH would like to go to Miami Beach. Is there enough time? Would transportation be a nightmare?

- I see there is a Hollywood Beach excursion and transport offered by RCCL.

- biking would be a nice option - any suggestions?

- Other ideas?

Rent a car - Stash the bags in the trunk and then head for Hollywood (great boardwalk area) or South Beach - shopping, lulnch, drinks, people watching - and oh-yeah, they both have a great beach.

Don't have too much fun and miss your flight. :)

I think the best way in your case would be the rental car, since you have bags to contend with. You may be able to check your bags on the cruise through to the airline for a fee. Check your cruise for details. There are a couple of car rental places in downtown Miami that are a $10-12 cab ride away. I think one of them has a free shuttle (Budget?).

Miami Beach is a 15 minute drive from the Port. I think you have plenty of time to enjoy it. Park the car at a public garage for $15 for the day.

You can rent bikes at an automated kiosk called deco bike. You put your credit card in and away you go. When you get to where you want to be you just park it at a station. There's like 100 stations. http://www.decobike.com/map-location

Thanks for the feedback. DH is now pushing for us to book an earlier connecting flight instead of the late non-stop. So if we book that we don't have any time to kill. Still debating though. I just know we always like to just get home at the end of a cruise instead of delaying that long flight home.

Dangit I missed that part. Sorry. Anyway good info on SoBe I think for the lurkers.

I appreciate your advice. We are doing exactly what you have suggested on Nov 17th.

We arrive on the Epic .. have a car rented from Thrifty downtown, and plan on going to SOBE and/or Hollywood Beach and onto FLL for a 6:30pm flight.

Archived