Port Canaveral Transportation

Hi all!

My wife, some friends and I are sailing on the Mariner this summer. We fly into Orlando Friday morning; spend Friday and Saturday nights at Disney and then Sunday it's off to Port Canaveral to catch the Mariner. We want to use a private shuttle service to do the three way connection (airport to Disney, Disney to Port Canaveral and Port Canaveral back to the airport for our return flight). We have already researched prices and this is our first sailing out of Port Canaveral. We have two questions:

1. What is the best transportation company?

2. What is the earliest we should arrive at Royal Caribbean’s terminal so we can try to get an upgrade?

Thanks!

Bob

Groucho,

I called a zillion places and finally landed on ALLINONE LIMO based out of Port Canaveral (contact: Javier 321-253-8030). We will use them on our upcoming transfer from Mariner to Disney World ( 4 adults plus luggage) so I can't give you a glowing report yet but I got good vibes and the price for a stretch limo was very reasonable. Another service, One Stop, was on the top of my list as their quote was comprehensive including gratuity (contact: Janice 1-800-246-0882.) Remember, a town car is too small to hold a lot of people and cruise luggage so you might need a van service...Art's shuttle is mentioned a lot.

Here is the link I used to research:

http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/groundtrans.htm

As far as getting to the port, I would shoot for 10:30 if you are trying for an upgrade...you will probably have to wait but it will get you in line ahead of the crowd.

Do you know that now you get free transport from the airport to Disney if you are staying at one of the Resort hotels...it only started this month:D Afraid thats the only one I can help on..I am still trying to sort out transport from Marriott World Resort Orlando to PC.!!!

Good luck

Liz

I have also booked All In One Lime from hotel in Orlando (Holiday Inn Select Airport) to Port Canaveral then from Port Canaveral to the WDW Contemporary resort at the end of the cruise. I have always had good service when I call them and they will also include a grocery stop for last minute items.

As far as WDW including transportation with their guests staying on property, for an addition $25 All In One Limo is charging, I think it would be nicer to arrive in style as they say. Will use WDW transfers from the hotel back to the airport.

Another limo company that seems to have a good reputation is Happy Limo. He has a web address which is his name(HappyLimo) .com. (Not sure if we can post his address - I am sure you can figure it out).

Another popular transportation company (if you don't want to go in a limo) is Mears Transportation which can be found all over the airport.

Hope this info helps.

Elizanessie & Deb:

Elizanessie--Sorry I don't know the rules as well as you. You must just be a better person.

Deb--Thanks for the lesson in manners but believe me, I was taught to say thank you and I don't need you to scold me. I'm not going to post a reply and say "thanks" after each post. I was going to say thanks to all after a few more replies.

To both of you--Thanks for being so friendly.

Elizanessie:

In my first post I said thanks in advance to all. I'm not the one who got critical for not knowing the rules, you did. To bad you will not be helpful in a positive way to any question I may have in the future. However, my life will go on. If I can provide some insight to any question you may have in the future I'll be glad to do so without letting this little exchange get in the way.

Take care

My 2nd posting was to your "bumping"...I wasnt looking for thanks when I posted info on getting from Airport to Disney.

You have been a member here quite a few years...I would have assumed you would have known the rules by now- re-bumping....but as one who has been known to bend the rules herself...I was only trying to help....I am well aware of how things can and do get out of hand thesedays...and to be honest....my posting was quiet and not rude or sarky.

Good luck with your hunt for advice.

Elizanessie

Elizanessie:

Maybe I can be of help to you. Legacy Town Car of Orlando looks to be our choice for our three way transport and they may work for you as well. It will cost about $56.00 per person for the six of us for the three way trip. The Disney bus is a new "perk" from Disney not much different than Mears except it is free--it is a shared ride system. The Legacy Town Car deal is a private van for the six of us. I was just looking for some advice to see if anyone had a better idea.

We are extremely familiar with Orlando, Port Canaveral and Disney. We never sailed from Port Canaveral but we have been there several times. We spend about two weeks a year at Disney as we are Disney Vacation Club members at Disney’s Old Key West Resort. If you need any help with your transportation or any questions in general about the Disney area let me know.

Take care.

Groucho..my travel plans are-Disney from airport-yip covered-free transport...but then 3 days later, got to get from Disney to marriott world orlando resort centre (for 2 nights)-figured taxi??

Then got to get from hotel to PC for 2 pre cruise days...then back from port to airport...for the long flights home.I was hoping I could get a limo from Marriott to PC and port to airport but dont know if that would constitute a "round trip"...oh what fun planning is....there is only the two of us...but I am sure my teenage son wouldnt forgive me if we didnt get to travel in a limo on this trip.

Looking forward to reading your review on the Mariner:D Are you doing east or west?

Liz

We're doing the east. We picked this itinerary because it has 3 and 1/2 sea days. This will make four of the five Voyager class ships for us.

I never did a trip report before. I'm not the best typist in the world but maybe I'll try it this time.

As far as getting from Disney to the Marriott World Center your best bet is a cab. It is a very short trip. Nice hotel. Where are you staying in Disney?

Legacy Town Car (and others) does a round trip from Disney area hotels to Port Canaveral then back to the Orlando airport after the cruise. I looked at the price for the limo but it was a real quick glance because of cost. One of our friends traveling with us is a single mom and she will have her two teenage daughters with her. It’s a little too steep for me to pick up and she would rather spend the money on the cruise.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Bob

Thanks Bob:D

Hey we are doing the east also...we cant wait and have been counting down the days since....oh way back in september...this is our second voyager class...NOS last time...infact same atrium cabin this time.We both loved Miami...but this time decided to do a group cruise...a few people in particular that we would love to actually meet face to face were booked with the group ..so that decided it for me.

I picked the Pop Century for Disney...my teenage son loves music...so seemed the obvious choice.As to the Marriott ..well that is my "chilling out hotel" before the pre cruise parties and the cruise.

I will check out Legacy Town cars..thanks.

I wish some of our group could share a limo with us but och well nevermind....it will be my wee surprise for my son!!....man I would love to be able to afford one of the Hummer Limos....beautiful:D

Have you made plans for the ports?

Liz

Hi Liz:

I just looked at your profile and saw you’re from Scotland. I thought I noticed some independence in you!

When did you sail last September on the Navigator? My wife (Lynette) and I were on her the week before Labor Day, the week of the first hurricane. A seven day cruise lasted nine days as we could not get back into Miami because the hurricane stalled just off shore. We felt bad for the people who followed us as they had a real short week.

On the Mariner we’re in 1688. If you ever get a chance to book this cabin, do it. It is larger than most D1’s and the balcony is huge.

Lynette and I like Miami and our favorite restaurant is Smith & Wollenski’s on the southern tip of Miami Beach right on the water. They have outside seating and the cruise ships sail right by!

Pop Century is a relatively new resort. It is located in an area that Disney just opened for development. You’re near EPCOT, Disney-MGM Studios, Downtown Disney, and Typhoon Lagoon and not far from our home resort, Old Key West. The Marriott is also very close to all of the above.

Our plans for the ports are:

Nassau—been there; done that--Lynette and I are just going to sleep late and chill out on the ship Our friends are doing Sea World Explorer or the Thriller Powerboat Tour.

In St. Thomas Lynette, our friend Kate and I are doing the Sail and Snorkel tour to Buck Island. In the afternoon Lynette is shopping for a diamond. Our other friend and her daughters are doing the Parasail and the Screaming Eagles Jet Boat.

In St. Martin Lynette and I are doing the America’s Cup Sail Boat Race and all of our friends are doing the Dolphin Discovery Swim. I did the America’s Cup Race a few years ago while Lynette went to the Butterfly Farm. The America’s Cup was an absolute blast. You should try it with your son he will love it and you will too! You both will have a great time and you do not have to be the least bit athletic (I’m not saying you’re not athletic!). They’ll give you a job to fit your fitness level or you can just relax and enjoy the fun. It was totally exhilarating and enjoyed by both woman and men.

Take care

Bob

Groucho - sorry to get off topic here, but I was wondering if there was anything you could tell me about the Contemporary Resort at WDW.

We are staying post cruise from Sept 18 - 24th and was wondering if it is worth spending all that money or if we should just stay at a value resort. I am also booked in the 12th floor at the CR.

Lots of people say you are never in your room anyway so why spend the money. We are going to WDW for our DD 10th Bday and there is only 3 of us DH, DD and myself.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated and thanking you in advance.

Groucho - sorry to get off topic here, but I was wondering if there was anything you could tell me about the Contemporary Resort at WDW.

We are staying post cruise from Sept 18 - 24th and was wondering if it is worth spending all that money or if we should just stay at a value resort. I am also booked in the 12th floor at the CR.

Lots of people say you are never in your room anyway so why spend the money. We are going to WDW for our DD 10th Bday and there is only 3 of us DH, DD and myself.

Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated and thanking you in advance.

The 12th Floor at the Contemporary is the "concierge lite" floor. I haven't stayed on that one, only the full concierge on th 14th Floor, which was very nice.

I would DEFINITELY stay there before I'd stay at a value resort. If the weather is bad at a value you are stuck in a VERYs mall room with only exterior corridors. At the CR you'd be able to wander around the concourse, go to teh arcade, have a meal or snack.

Have you reservation noted to request a Magic Kingdom view, and you'll be able to watch the fireworks nightly from your balcony and hear teh soundtrack. If you get the other view you'll see Illuminations at Epcot, but I don't think you can hear the soundtrack though.

Anne

Ducklite:

Thank you for the information on the Contemporary Resort at WDW.

We are looking forward to staying there and my DD is so thrilled that we booked the CR she can hardly wait to see the monorail go through the hotel.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Blueice:

Sorry I did not get back to you right away.

My wife and I have stayed at the Contemporary a couple of times and liked the experience a lot. You are right you are not in your room a lot but when you are, a nice place makes a lot of difference. Some comments about the Contemporary:

Negatives--None

Positives--Many

Largest rooms in a Disney hotel except in their "Home Away from Home" resorts (Disney Vacation Club)

Excellent lake views (both sides of the hotel)

Excellent view of the Magic Kingdom (North side of the hotel)

Excellent pool, beach and water activates including wave runners, motor boats, water skiing, sail boats, etc.

Excellent adult restaurants like The California Grill located on the top floor (one of the best on Disney property) and the Concourse Steak House located in the lobby

Excellent children's buffet (Chief Mickey's)

Excellent bars

Monorail runs right through the lobby

Short walk into the Magic Kingdom

Bob

Groucho - thank you for the information on the CR. It is very much appreciated.

I can come to the conclusion that you get alot of extra things for the $'s they charge for a room here. Bigger room is worth it.

Will definately visit California Grill and not sure if DD wants to do the Chef Mickey breakfast.

We have requested a room of the Kingdom and hopefully they will grant us that.

Again, thanks for the info, it is a big help.

Archived