Royal Caribbean please read!!!

Wow! RCCL has ALWAYS been, and will ALWAYS BE my favorite cruise line. But I had no idea how nice they would be in a case like this (as I have never cruised in hurricane season). This ESPECIALLY shocks me, because Allure is their largest (well, that and Oasis) and newest ship. That really had to have cost them MILLIONS of dollars, and they don't know if you will ever cruise them again. This is affirmation that I am LOYAL TO ROYAL, BABY!!!

You are right. Think how much money Royal Caribbean spent because of a problem they did not cause!

Some people like to only find the negative, I like to look for the positives!

On our last cruise on the Independence OTS, some people complained they stopped the ice show during the show.

The reason....

3 fishermen were spotted in the water on an overturned boat.

Our ship needed to turn to rescue them, which they did!!!

Great job Royal Caribbean!!

They had been holding on for 6 hours.

They said they were so happy Royal Caribbean rescued them the men were crying.

Turning the ship and rescuing the men cost Royal Caribbean money also, but the men are alive because of Royal Caribbean!

I will contunue to pick Royal Caribbean and Celebrity first when choosing MY cruise line!

You are right. Think how much money Royal Caribbean spent because of a problem they did not cause!

Some people like to only find the negative, I like to look for the positives!

On our last cruise on the Independence OTS, some people complained they stopped the ice show during the show.

The reason....

3 fishermen were spotted in the water on an overturned boat.

Our ship needed to turn to rescue them, which they did!!!

Great job Royal Caribbean!!

They had been holding on for 6 hours.

They said they were so happy Royal Caribbean rescued them the men were crying.

Turning the ship and rescuing the men cost Royal Caribbean money also, but the men are alive because of Royal Caribbean!

I will contunue to pick Royal Caribbean and Celebrity first when choosing MY cruise line!

I agree. They always say that weather related stuff is not their fault, and here they put the guest first and did the (unexpected, but in my opinion right) thing. Royal Caribbean continues to amaze me with their ships, staff, and downright heart. They are absolutely (in my world), the overall best cruise line, best vacation value, and amazing cruise experiences. That story about the men is so sweet, RCCL does a great job helping other struggling little boats. I ALWAYS look for the positives, and that's probably why I love cruising so much! When you look for the positives, all the negatives seem much, much less.

• 4 months later...
That is why I am trying to get the word out to everyone!

Royal Caribbean WILL take care of you!!:D

We were on the Indy when the fishermen were picked up----Royal had no choice , but to stop and pick them up, that is mandated by maritime law, regarless of how much it may have cost them to stop to pick them up.

We are longtime RCI customers (C&A Em.) and we just canceled our Aug 31st trip on the Legend of the Seas. We discovered recently that the Cat E cabin we purchased was not the 193 SF as advertised on the RCI website. It is in fact only 153 SF . However when we attempted to resolve this issue with RCI, they would not step up to the plate and provide us with a comparable room in order to provide u...s with the quality of reservation that we purchased. But in fact wanted us to pay even more money to get it resolved. This is their error. Not the customer's. We will not be using RCI or any of their other cruise companies in the future.

A company needs to accept ownership of their mistakes and not ask the customer to pay MORE money to get something that they have already paid for. Bad Business practices such as this will end up hurting their business in the long run. I was always their biggest advocate in the past....but not anymore.

I'm so disappointed in RCI.....I don't feel like I can trust a company that has bad information on their sales site (false advertising?) and when they are confronted with it, tries to then get out of meeting their obligation to the customer. How could I ever trust them to do the right thing, if I were on one of their ships and something bad happened? I have lost all trust in RCI.

Reading positive views about RCI just makes me want to book more and more cruises.

They didn't have to but they did and yet some still complained. So glad that you felt otherwise.

Op - Glad you're pleased. ;)

pthree - I felt the same about Carnival when our 'Sandy' cruise was canceled. I was more than happy with what was offered. :)

Archived