Helicopter tours from Local Village Bar

purplekisses

I was looking at review of the Local Village Bar and in a picture someone took they had a big sign above the $3 beer sign for helicopter tour for $35. I was wondering if any who has been there recently has gone on the tour or has any information about the tour. The tour company has a facebook page, but it looks they have just recently start the business up. My husband is a helicopter and plane nut. I would like to suprise him with this tour as we will already be at the Local Village for our port day. Thanks in advance.

If no one has any info I will post what I find out after our cruise at the end of October.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email reply from Grand Turk Helicopters.

We are co-located with Island Tram tours at the Local Village just down the Beach from the cruise center. Reservations aren't necessary, you can just walk over to our location behind the restaurant whenever your ready to go on the flight. The price for our short flight around the south end of the island which includes the cruise center and your ship is $35 per person. We also have a longer flight that goes all the way around the entire island that is $80 per person.

Unfortunately the helicopter is currently not on the island. It is undergoing its annual inspection and engine overhaul right now. The plan is for it to be back on the island before November 1st. However, since the required inspection and maintenance work is not yet completed, I can not guarantee it will be back before your ship arrives on the 31st. You can ask your guide on the Tram, he will know if the helicopter has returned. In the event the helicopter is back, I will make sure the check-in desk has your name and is expecting you. I will be the pilot flying the helicopter back to the island and will be flying the tours for the first couple months after its back, so I look toward to flying your group as well. I wish I could be more definitive on wether or not the helicopter will be ready by your arrival or not. We never know what the maintenance team might find during its inspections that could delay its return, but safety is our number one priority.

Have a wonderful cruise and hopefully I will see you in Grand Turk!

Sincerely,

Dale Eggert

Director of Operation/Chief Pilot

Grand Turk Helicopters Ltd.

If they are up and running again I will be doing the shorter tour as we are already doing the tram tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have an email address for the company? I tried to post to them and message them on their facebook page, and I have had no response....

Thanks In Advance,

I tried to contact them through the facebook email address and didn't get a response either. I went to the Grand Turk Helicopter site and post to this email and they got back to me in a day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grand turk Helicopters posted this to me on facebook....

Reservations aren't necessary, you can just walk over to our location behind the restaurant at Local Village whenever your ready to go on the flight.

The price for our short flight around the south end of the island which includes the cruise center and your ship is $35 per person.

We also have a longer flight that goes all the way around the entire island that is $80 per person. The flight is conducted with the doors removed which provides a very exciting trip and unobstructed views of the island and the magnificent waters surrounding the island

We are located halfway between the Cruise Center and Jacks Shack. The shorter flight is approximately 3 to 4 minutes and the longer flight is about 10 to 11 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be there in April via the Ruby Princess so I em'd them to see if they'll be back in operation by then. I got a response that they are getting a newer helicopter and anticipate having it on Grand Turk in March. I hope so, I'd love to take my first helicopter ride there!

I'm going to be there in April via the Ruby Princess so I em'd them to see if they'll be back in operation by then. I got a response that they are getting a newer helicopter and anticipate having it on Grand Turk in March. I hope so, I'd love to take my first helicopter ride there!

It's definitely a gorgeous place to do it! I can't imagine what it looks like from above!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am almost ready to give up. We are cruising to Grand Turk in December 2013. I tried to email them again and got no response. I am about ready to tell my hubby lets just get a golf cart for the day. He really likes to ride in a helicopter so if I can hear back we will do this other wise I am going to book a golf cart. Please post if you hear anything. Their facebook site has no activity since July.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...