Miracle Review Sept. 19-27 2012

Jimmy Geegitz

After the show we went into the piano bar. We sat down and ordered a drink. There wasn't very many people in the bar. I'm sorry I don't recall the piano players name. I wish I did because he was the worst singer/piano player we ever came across in all our cruises. He mumbled alot, had a terrible voice and was a poor piano player. Thruout the week whenever we walked by there was hardly anyone ever in there.After that fiasco we called it a nite and we were looking forward to Half moon Cay tomorrow. It was our first time to HMC so we were excited.

Today was our day at Half Moon Cay. First tenders started at 9am and we could stay up til 5 pm. We got up around 9am. Went to breakfast at the buffet and went for our usual walk on the track outside on the upper deck. We decided to wait til 11 to let the lines for tenders die down. We we were wrong we went to get on a tender at 11 and still had to wait an hour to catch a tender. They have you wait in the showroom and they show a dolphin video on a big screen to keep you entertained while you wait and wait and wait.They finally called our number around noon. It is a very short tender ride. I am surprised they don't have more tenders.

HMC is a private island owned by Carnival so all you need is your sign and sail card. We puchased a bucket of beer at one of the bars and found a nice spot on the beach alittle further away from the entrance area. The further down you go the less crowded it is. HMC beach is probably the nicest beach I have ever seen. It has prestine soft sand and even in the water the bottom is smooth and soft. The water is perfect temp and we spent all day in it.

During our Beach time at MHC we headed to the BarBQ area where they have several salad staions set up and they cook Jerk Chicken Hamburgers and Hotdogs on the Grill. The salad area was disgusting and the fruit and salad items were soft and wilted. Granted it was a hot day. I know they just take the supplies from the ship to shore too. The food was terrible.And nowhere else to eat. Not a huge deal. So we went back to our spot on the beach and swam and snorkeled til about 4 p.m. and headed to the dock to catch the tender.

Waiting for tender was miserable. Line was huge and it was hot. Had to stand in sun for 40 minutes with no shade. then waited another 30 minutes on the tender before it took off. HMC was a really nice beach but I have to say I prefer Grand Turk for these reasons. Beach a really close 2nd to HMC. 2. Better food selections. 3. Better drink selections. 4. Better shopping. 5.NO TENDER!!! Walk off the boat right onto the beach at Grand Turk. More time to spend at the beach. Can literally walk on the boat 15 minutes before time to be back. HMC you have to start back an hour and a half before they close the beach.

After Dinner we went to Karaoke in the Jeeves lounge and had a drink.

Singers were pretty bad. Aftre that we went to Frankie and Johnnies Lounge. There was a cover band in there I can't recall what they were called.They were 4 philipino guys and they did a 50's set 60's set 70's etc. and they were awesome they sound exactly like who they played. UnReal.They also have a small part in the Ticket to Ride show in the Main Showroom and They play the Beatles and they were awesome. So after Frankie and Johnnies we called it a nite.

They're called Music Unlimited Band and they're are in your "FB" and called by the same name. Check it out. It's got videos from different cruisers as well as pictures. Very neat...

Thanks so much for posting your Review- you are doing a great Job!:)

We are sailing in April on the Miracle from Long beach to Hawaii and ending in Vancouver so I am taking in all your details...

I was most disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy the Piano guy. We love the "sing-a-longs in the piano Bars on Ships. We have only had one that was terrible - and you described him EXACTLY!!!

I wonder if it the same Guy? I sure hope not- maybe he will be gone by April:rolleyes:

Archived