Back from Dream Yesterday

Runfold

Got back yesterday having completed our first cruise and must say I can now understand how you lot get addictive to them :)

We had fantastic time, the attention to detail from all the crew was unbelievable.

We could not find fault with anything.

Will definately be doing it again.

If anyone got any questions fire away.

I got lots of helpful advise on here before we went and it certainly helped in some areas that we was to unsure about.

I think my OH got fed up with me saying "well on the forum they said......" :D

Got back yesterday having completed our first cruise and must say I can now understand how you lot get addictive to them :)

We had fantastic time, the attention to detail from all the crew was unbelievable.

I got lots of helpful advise on here before we went and it certainly helped in some areas that we was to unsure about.

ROFL, about the last bit :D. So glad you enjoyed it. Like us on Majesty, we got back Friday :( Didn't want to get off.

We're looking at ideas for the one after the next one already.

Berwyn

Great to learn that it lived up to - or exceeded your expectations. Not only does the cruising become addictive but so does reading about everyone else's experiences and views (at least for me) so can empathise with your DH. I'm sure mine feels the same! :o

So.......are you checking out the brochures yet? :D ;)

Glad you had a great time! Remember when you were first looking at booking and couldn't decide between a two week cruise or a cruise and stay.

The good thing now is that you've got many brilliant itineraries to try! :D

Great to learn that it lived up to - or exceeded your expectations. Not only does the cruising become addictive but so does reading about everyone else's experiences and views (at least for me) so can empathise with your DH. I'm sure mine feels the same! :o

So.......are you checking out the brochures yet? :D ;)

Hi Kruzseeka, oh yes, this also applies to me, or rather DH. Got the Thomson and Fred cruise brochures yesterday and caught DH reading them. Guess what? He has already suggested Canary Islands on Majesty for February 2013. Have spent this pm looking at brochure and quite like the Canarian Flavours cruise as it does not cross the straights to Agadir. My sister had an awful experience when the ship she was on could not dock at 2 African ports and they had 3 days of sea sickness. Have only been to Tenerife so all other ports/islands will be new for us both.

Well, the next thing I did was to search for reviews but with not much luck. I do remember reviews of the Destiny in the Canaries last winter because we had just booked on the Destiny for the Aegean but they were more about the state of the ship (probably only interested in that at the time).

Is there anyone who could tell me what kind of weather conditions one might experience in February at sea. The lower 20C on land would be ok but I guess sitting out/sunbathing on deck would be a no, no. Perhaps I should start a new thread? Haven't finished my homework yet (Kusadasi, Piraeus and Katakolon reviews) and on to another topic! :eek:

Hi Kruzseeka, oh yes, this also applies to me, or rather DH. Got the Thomson and Fred cruise brochures yesterday and caught DH reading them. Guess what? He has already suggested Canary Islands on Majesty for February 2013. Have spent this pm looking at brochure and quite like the Canarian Flavours cruise as it does not cross the straights to Agadir. My sister had an awful experience when the ship she was on could not dock at 2 African ports and they had 3 days of sea sickness. Have only been to Tenerife so all other ports/islands will be new for us both.

Well, the next thing I did was to search for reviews but with not much luck. I do remember reviews of the Destiny in the Canaries last winter because we had just booked on the Destiny for the Aegean but they were more about the state of the ship (probably only interested in that at the time).

Is there anyone who could tell me what kind of weather conditions one might experience in February at sea. The lower 20C on land would be ok but I guess sitting out/sunbathing on deck would be a no, no. Perhaps I should start a new thread? Haven't finished my homework yet (Kusadasi, Piraeus and Katakolon reviews) and on to another topic! :eek:

Hi Jakanne - so pleased you enjoyed your cruise - it's certainly not uncommon that we are no longer home than planning the next one! :D

I think perhaps it's a good diea to target the itinerary which doesn't 'do' Agadir. It's often a rough passage. The advantage of the Canaries (with the exception of the hop to Madeira) is that it's generally not far each night to the next island.

Land temperatures should be good at that time of year - we've been then and it was lovely. Of course at sea you do get a wind which can make it feel cool.

I'll see if I can throw up some threads on the Canaries - the islands are varied and there is a lot of interest on this cruise. Happy planning! ;)

We did Colourful Coasts in December 2009. The weather was dull most mornings apart from the sea day from Madeira to Agadir. Both days hot and sunny all day. But on other mornings sun soon burned through and it was T shirt weather.Being the Atlantic The sea swell, even on calm days, is bigger than the Med and Aegean. We were on deck 9 and were rocked to sleep every night. Hope that helps a bit.

Berwyn

Thanks Kruzseeka, Berwyn and happy v. I found that taking sea sickness tablets and wearing wrist bands as soon as I felt a roll or a queasy tummy did the trick. I forgot that the instructions said not to take alcohol :eek: I think it will be worth taking the risk of inclement weather. Cannot be worse than we have here.

Thanks for the links Kruzseeka, checking them out now.

Drat - just noticed the time. Have missed Downton Abbey. This forum is beginning to take over my life. :D:D

Archived