Food Review - Allure of the Seas 9/23/12

548531_3796500466785_654965783_n.jpg

Eggplant and Kalamata Olive Tarte - I would not recommend this. I was under the impression it would be closer to a hummus consistency as mentioned, but it was not.

557178_3796500946797_2134905759_n.jpg

French Onion Soup - My friend said it was lacking cheese, otherwise tasty.

254534_3796501426809_125387253_n.jpg

Spanish Tapas Plate - The meat was supposedly yummy.

539497_3796501826819_1957709118_n.jpg

Pan Seared Sea Scallops and Chorizo

29834_3796502546837_1721667050_n.jpg

Chilled Pineapple and Lychee Soup

393724_3796503706866_1005589496_n.jpg

Rosemary Lamb Shank - It was HUGE! And a ton of people in the dinning room had it, so it must be good.

229540_3796504706891_702464168_n.jpg

Roasted Turkey

421320_3796505186903_1892663497_n.jpg

Frozen Strawberry Souffle - To my surprise, this was so much better than I thought.

224560_3796505786918_2114804214_n.jpg

Low Fat Warm Apple Dome - I would not suggest this. Probably the worst dessert I had all week.

261807_3796507106951_505732178_n.jpg

Williams Pear Chocolate Crisp - My friend said this was nothing special, nor was it what he was expecting.

I'll be doing the specialty dinning post tomorrow (got a few tests to study for) and will answer anymore questions :)

We (a couple from Germany) are on the Oasis on 13 october and take another round on the 20 october and can´t wait to eat all this delicous food. On our other cruises with Royal Caribbean we liked very much the food in the main dining room (the other food too) but when I see these pictures I want to pack my things NOW and hurry to the airport.

Food things I looking very much forward is always a good surf and turf, red velvet cake, key lime pie, crab cake, cupcakes from the cupcake cupboard, baked alaska, roastbeef sandwich and I must try the Baileys flavored creme brulee with bananas.

And not forget go the gym and the yoga classes otherwise my skirts and dresses are getting to small in the end of this journey. :)

We (a couple from Germany) are on the Oasis on 13 october and take another round on the 20 october and can´t wait to eat all this delicous food. On our other cruises with Royal Caribbean we liked very much the food in the main dining room (the other food too) but when I see these pictures I want to pack my things NOW and hurry to the airport.

Food things I looking very much forward is always a good surf and turf, red velvet cake, key lime pie, crab cake, cupcakes from the cupcake cupboard, baked alaska, roastbeef sandwich and I must try the Baileys flavored creme brulee with bananas.

And not forget go the gym and the yoga classes otherwise my skirts and dresses are getting to small in the end of this journey. :)

Enjoy your trip and have fun. Grüße aus Hamburg! Fahren kommende Woche mit der Celebrity ab Florida.

Thank you for posting!

Any chance you kept track of the specialty drinks of the day?? Or anyone know where to find that for Allure Eastern??

I have the compasses, which lists the specialty drink. I am not sure if it is the same for Eastern, as I was on Western. But I can post those later :)

OUTSTANDING! Thanks so much for this.

We have not seen the new menus yet onboard a cruise, and this makes me hope they arrive on the next ship before we do.

Specialty Dining:

Hands down, the very best value is lunch at Giovanni's Table.

The specialty places are all good, but all different.

Real carnivores will like the Samba Grill. Hints...come hungry, go very easy at the salad bar buffet and ask for the filet to be served first.

Giovanni's and Chops for Italian or steak. Good steak at Giovanni's as well.

Izumi for sushi fans, but others can find things they like. Tenderloin on the hot rock.

Rita's Cantina is also a good value. Don't over order.

Park Cafe (no extra charge). Get your food and cross over Central Park and sit outside Vintages, and get a glass of good wine from inside.

We are not back on the Allure until the end of January. The last two times we have eaten in the MDR exactly once each cruise. The new menu may change that!

Thanks again.

Jim and Joan

Photos are great

Thanks so much for the menus and photos. I am very excited about the food in the main dining room for my October 21 cruise. We were on the Allure last October, I didn't think the food was that good. Really glad to see the changes. Thanks for your review.

Archived