Carnival Pride Wedding Review

Herbaltees

:D:D:D

I give my wedding aboard the carnival Pride, three smiles.

Our wedding was in the Taj Mahal and the reception in the Butterflies lounge. We had 64 guests for the wedding.

We had the piano player and the video-grapher. Both were excellent. I will start my review at the beginning because we planned a whole wknd of events for our guests.

Friday: Most of our guests were visting from the NY area so for our first event we had a welcome reception (happy hour) at the ALOFT BWI. The staff was great, very accommodating and the price was very reasonable. There was something for everyone at this hotel: a bar,pool table and indoor pool. The hotel was not far from Arundel Mills for local shopping.

Saturday: We had a pre reception for our friends and family at the Tiffany East Catering Hall, in West Baltimore. The food was okay, but for the price it included an open bar, cake and a DJ so I'm not complaining.

Sunday (wedding day): After partying until about 2:00am, I woke up at 7:00 to get dressed and shower (not in that order lol) because Bridal Beauty Associates were doing my hair and makeup. I highly recommend them for hair and makeup in the Baltimore area. I am an African American woman with natural (non permed processed or altered) hair. They did a phenomenal job with my hair and makeup. They arrived at 8:00 am and were done with my mom and I by 9:30. I then had to get everyone dressed and all of our bags, boxes and decor packed to take the ship.

Most of my guests were at the ship by 11:00 am, although I got there by 11:30. There we met Linda, the AWFY coordinator and her assistant. They were great. They ushered my guests into the VIP lounge and even accommodated a last minute addition. I can not thank them enough. After checking in to the ship, I was taken straight to my room while my guests were allowed to explore the ship. I was told that there was music playing in the Taj mahal so guests weren't bored.(I remember asking for this, but I'm not sure who actually made it happen) Some guests walked around while others just stayed put until the wedding began. The photographer arrived to my room and we snapped a few pics before it was time to head to the ceremony.

Linda from AWFY and the Carnival Coordinator met me just outside of the venue to go over some last minute details. I had a hand painted runner and they used that on the aisle I walked down to the ceremony site. The music began and my bridesmaid walked in first then my Dad and I.

The ceremony itself was beautiful. Let me stop here and say at first, I was a little disappointed at being in the Taj Mahal. When we took our tour, I thought the room was huge and would seem empty with our little guest list. However, was I sooo wrong. The Tajh was beautiful. I was able to walk down a long aisle to my wtg, smiling husband and it had just the right ambiance for our group. Even the colors were not a garish as I thought because of the lighting. I highly recommend this room for weddings as i think because it is a theater, the lighting can be altered and "tuned" for the ceremony etc.

We brought our own officiant (from Rent A Priest) to conduct our ceremony. We wanted something a little more personalized than what was offered. Our priest was great and included our children and deceased grandparents in the ceremony.

After the ceremony, we proceeded downstairs to the Butterflies lounge for what we called a bon voyage party.

The butterfly lounge is sort of like a small intimate theatre. So, when we entered, we were able to make another entrance as bride and groom. We made an entrance and took pictures at the cake. i brought my own cake decor (ribbon and fondant flowers) Before the wedding, I sent photo's to the Carnival coordinator to make sure they could decorate the cake the way I wanted. They did a great job.

After that we began to eat and mingle with our guests. The food was great, so was the presentation. There was an ice sculpture in the middle of the buffet of two swans kissing.

The photographer captured some great poses and since we didn't have a party type reception, the video grapher was able to get special greetings from nearly all of the guests. It was very special.

Our reception ran a little long but about 3:30 our guests began to file out to leave. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone, especially our children. (none of our guests were sailing)

My Vendors and advice:

Save the Dates: I ordered my STD cards from Vistaprint, using a coupon code. The image I got from Martha Stewart Weddings website.

Passport Invitations: I designed the invitations myself, using ideas lots of past brides. I ordered the pocket fold cards from cards and pockets, because I wanted the invitations to still look like an invitation, and not too cartoon-like. If you want to tackle some DIY projects, I can not emphasize enough how important it is to START EARLY! They take up more time than you realize and if you want the results to be consistent you need to be in the right frame of mind.

Flowers: Angel's Accents did my flowers. The flowers themselves were very beautiful and she did a great job with them. Everyone remarked how vibrant the color was which is what I wanted for the bouquets. Dealing with them can be challenging over email. It's hard to understand tense so sometimes things may be misunderstood or taken the wrong way. Be sure to read through her whole flower contract and understand her policy and procedures manual before ordering. I also ordered two arrangements from AWFY which were used at the altar. These were very beautiful and made our honeymoon "suite" with the smell of fresh flowers.

Favors: My favors were a combination of gifts, placed in a box decorated to look like a luggage. We gave our guests mini bottle of captain Morgan rum, rum cake and chocolate covered coins.

Runner: We got a 100' hand painted runner from an Etsy seller. She was great to work with and her price was reasonable. It made the ceremony a little more personalized. Although, I'm not sure I really needed one. The runner provided by the Carnival team was good enough. Even though it was a little off white in person it photographs quite nicely.

AWFY: (A Wedding for You) Wedding coordinators for Carnival. They did a great job and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Carnival Wedding Photographer (Karel): He did a really great job capturing some cool photos. I wish I wasn't as tired as I was and could have taken more photos. However, I would budget accordingly for photographs! They are very expensive and you will want to get all the pictures. If you have to make a choice btwn video and photography, though I would say go with more photos.

Carnival Wedding Videographer: I would recommend getting the video. If only to share with family who were not able to sail or for future generations to watch. We opted not to do the fake shopping footage which seems to be stnd footage offered. We really liked that the videographer asked for words of wisdom and congrat's from our guests. If you get the video, ask that of your video grapher.

Carnival Wedding Team: Overall, I'm soo happy with our wedding aboard this carnival cruise ship. They did and amazing job of organizing everyone and getting everything prepared in such a short time frame. All week, everyone was congratulating us and offering blessings.

Thanks for the review! Great favor idea! How did you get the rum on?

Thank you. They were mini bottles in over 70 boxes, I don't think they were detected.

Congratulations! Thank you so much for the great review. It sounds like your wedding was beautiful.

Thank you, it was just wonderful. the great thing about Carnival is you can personalize as much or as little as you want and still have a great wedding.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for your Review. IM so happy that ur day has finally come and went well :) I would LOVEEEE to see ur pix pretty please :D

If anyone wants to see pictures or has questions just ask.

I wish you all the best with your weddings and future lives with your spouses 2B.

:D

My Vendors and advice:

Save the Dates: I ordered my STD cards from Vistaprint, using a coupon code. The image I got from Martha Stewart Weddings website.

Passport Invitations: I designed the invitations myself, using ideas lots of past brides. I ordered the pocket fold cards from cards and pockets, because I wanted the invitations to still look like an invitation, and not too cartoon-like. If you want to tackle some DIY projects, I can not emphasize enough how important it is to START EARLY! They take up more time than you realize and if you want the results to be consistent you need to be in the right frame of mind.

Flowers: Angel's Accents did my flowers. The flowers themselves were very beautiful and she did a great job with them. Everyone remarked how vibrant the color was which is what I wanted for the bouquets. Dealing with them can be challenging over email. It's hard to understand tense so sometimes things may be misunderstood or taken the wrong way. Be sure to read through her whole flower contract and understand her policy and procedures manual before ordering. I also ordered two arrangements from AWFY which were used at the altar. These were very beautiful and made our honeymoon "suite" with the smell of fresh flowers.

Favors: My favors were a combination of gifts, placed in a box decorated to look like a luggage. We gave our guests mini bottle of captain Morgan rum, rum cake and chocolate covered coins.

Runner: We got a 100' hand painted runner from an Etsy seller. She was great to work with and her price was reasonable. It made the ceremony a little more personalized. Although, I'm not sure I really needed one. The runner provided by the Carnival team was good enough. Even though it was a little off white in person it photographs quite nicely.

AWFY: (A Wedding for You) Wedding coordinators for Carnival. They did a great job and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Carnival Wedding Photographer (Karel): He did a really great job capturing some cool photos. I wish I wasn't as tired as I was and could have taken more photos. However, I would budget accordingly for photographs! They are very expensive and you will want to get all the pictures. If you have to make a choice btwn video and photography, though I would say go with more photos.

Carnival Wedding Videographer: I would recommend getting the video. If only to share with family who were not able to sail or for future generations to watch. We opted not to do the fake shopping footage which seems to be stnd footage offered. We really liked that the videographer asked for words of wisdom and congrat's from our guests. If you get the video, ask that of your video grapher.

Carnival Wedding Team: Overall, I'm soo happy with our wedding aboard this carnival cruise ship. They did and amazing job of organizing everyone and getting everything prepared in such a short time frame. All week, everyone was congratulating us and offering blessings.

How do i get the list of prices for the real flowers on carnival? Is there a website or pictures?

Thanks!

How do i get the list of prices for the real flowers on carnival? Is there a website or pictures?

Thanks!

I received a list of prices from my coordinator at AWFY. The list did not include ceremony arrangements, but bouquets, corsages and bouts. I was charged $250 for the two arrangements that went atop the pillars, but I think the price was based on the flowers. There were red gingers, blue hydrangea and white calla lilies.

Are you willing to share your video with us? I'd love to see a finished product from Carnival!

Thank you so much for your review! My wedding is going to be in the same port so your review was very helpful! I would love to see some pictures, if you don't mind sharing.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for your Review. IM so happy that ur day has finally come and went well :) I would LOVEEEE to see ur pix pretty please :D

I'm going to work on posting some of the pics and maybe a portion of the video.

:D:D:D

I give my wedding aboard the carnival Pride, three smiles.

Our wedding was in the Taj Mahal and the reception in the Butterflies lounge. We had 64 guests for the wedding.

We had the piano player and the video-grapher. Both were excellent. I will start my review at the beginning because we planned a whole wknd of events for our guests.

Friday: Most of our guests were visting from the NY area so for our first event we had a welcome reception (happy hour) at the ALOFT BWI. The staff was great, very accommodating and the price was very reasonable. There was something for everyone at this hotel: a bar,pool table and indoor pool. The hotel was not far from Arundel Mills for local shopping.

Saturday: We had a pre reception for our friends and family at the Tiffany East Catering Hall, in West Baltimore. The food was okay, but for the price it included an open bar, cake and a DJ so I'm not complaining.

Sunday (wedding day): After partying until about 2:00am, I woke up at 7:00 to get dressed and shower (not in that order lol) because Bridal Beauty Associates were doing my hair and makeup. I highly recommend them for hair and makeup in the Baltimore area. I am an African American woman with natural (non permed processed or altered) hair. They did a phenomenal job with my hair and makeup. They arrived at 8:00 am and were done with my mom and I by 9:30. I then had to get everyone dressed and all of our bags, boxes and decor packed to take the ship.

Most of my guests were at the ship by 11:00 am, although I got there by 11:30. There we met Linda, the AWFY coordinator and her assistant. They were great. They ushered my guests into the VIP lounge and even accommodated a last minute addition. I can not thank them enough. After checking in to the ship, I was taken straight to my room while my guests were allowed to explore the ship. I was told that there was music playing in the Taj mahal so guests weren't bored.(I remember asking for this, but I'm not sure who actually made it happen) Some guests walked around while others just stayed put until the wedding began. The photographer arrived to my room and we snapped a few pics before it was time to head to the ceremony.

Quick question regarding hair and makeup. I contacted Bridal Beauty Associates and they highly recommend a hair trial first. I am not from MD so I'm not sure if I will be able to do one before the wedding... I was wondering if you did a hair trial? I'm just trying to figure out how to go about doing one.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick question regarding hair and makeup. I contacted Bridal Beauty Associates and they highly recommend a hair trial first. I am not from MD so I'm not sure if I will be able to do one before the wedding... I was wondering if you did a hair trial? I'm just trying to figure out how to go about doing one.

Yes, I did do the bridal hair trial. I am not sure I would have felt comfortable not having a trial because I have natural hair and not many ppl can work with that.

They did do an excellent job and I think you would be fine w/o one. The color match was right on point even with me having a leftover tan from the summer.

hey herbaltees do you have a photo of the ceremony flower arrangements that you had on those white pillars? I want to see what the paid flowers look like since the originals are awful.

Here is a link to the pictures. Now that I see this site can hold video, I will post some of the video too.

Sorry for the delay.

http://herbalteesweddingpics.shutterfly.com/

herbalteesweddingpics.shutterfly.com

In the link you can see the following "additions"

The runner which I ordered from an Esty seller.

The cake ribbon used was two 5 yard spools.

The cake flowers were fondant flowers from an Etsy seller.

The fresh flower arrangements were Red Gingers, Blue hydrangea and white calla lillies. The lighting at the ceremony makes the whole thing look white, but it was very pretty.

My bouquet, grooms bout and bm's bouquets were from Angels Accents.

Thanks for sharing you pics. They look great! You were a beautiful bride! How was the quality of your BM's dresses from Henkaa? I'm having my girls order the Royal Blue convertible dress. Also, for the flowers on the column did they send you standard options or did you customize it with the flowers of your choice? And did you contact Carnival to upgrade the flowers or your "A Wedding for You" coordinator?

sorry so many questions. lol.

Thanks for sharing you pics. They look great! You were a beautiful bride! How was the quality of your BM's dresses from Henkaa? I'm having my girls order the Royal Blue convertible dress. Also, for the flowers on the column did they send you standard options or did you customize it with the flowers of your choice? And did you contact Carnival to upgrade the flowers or your "A Wedding for You" coordinator?

sorry so many questions. lol.

Ohh. I will post the henkaa dresses too. I liked the dress, but it wasn't as formal looking as in the henkaa video. Maybe I should have ordered a longer style than tea length. Both ladies loved it and will wear them again. The fabric was a nice jersey and the color was incredible.

The flowers,I ordered from AWFY. Patty gave me a price based on the flower types. I told her my color scheme and she suggested flowers until we agreed on something.

Ohh. I will post the henkaa dresses too. I liked the dress, but it wasn't as formal looking as in the henkaa video. Maybe I should have ordered a longer style than tea length. Both ladies loved it and will wear them again. The fabric was a nice jersey and the color was incredible.

The flowers,I ordered from AWFY. Patty gave me a price based on the flower types. I told her my color scheme and she suggested flowers until we agreed on something.

Patty Wxxxxn? If so, I have the same coordinator. LOL. Thanks for all your help! I will ask her about flower upgrades.

Archived