Windsor Vs. Edinburgh Tatoo

lucyd

Does anyone know of a cruise that might correspond with the Windsor Tatoo?

I am very much wanting to see the Edinburgh Tatoo but the city sounds very crowded wth all other festivals at the same time. As a 60 year old female traveling alone - I wonder if the Windsor tatoo may be a bit tamer and line-up with the Chelsea flower show. Of course it would have to have fabulous pipers and dancers. As anyone been to both tatoos for a comparison?

Thank you

Well, I'll be darned! I had no idea that there was a Windsor Tattoo. I see that it is fairly new, having begun in 2008. There was no Windsor Tattoo held in 2012. Looks lovely on the website.

I, too, would be interested in hearing from anyone who has attended. :)

jill

Well, I'd never heard of the Windsor tattoo either and I live less than 2 hours from Windsor. It certainly doesn't have the high profile over here that the Edinburgh tattoo does but the reviews on Trip Advisor seem good. They didn't run it this year due to Olympics etc but according to their website they planned to run it in 2013. I can't find any confirmed dates though, which is a bit odd, and the website seems to be out of date. When it ran in 2011, it only ran for 4 days from 12th-15th May. The dates for 2013 Chelsea Flower Show are 20th-25th May, so even if the tattoo does run next year you might need to spend several days in London before or after your cruise if you wanted to do both.

I'm not sure why you're concerned about Edinburgh being crowded. If you're on a cruise you'll probably just be travelling to the tattoo where you'll obviously have a seat booked. If you stayed in London you'd find it crowded all the year round and you can often hardly move at the Chelsea Flower Show!

Archived