Photo Package Company Questions

Tina0922

Hell All:

Several months ago I saw people chatting about the company Celebrity & RCI uses to purchase a photo package prior to boarding. I believe the company is My Cruise Photos....First is this the right compan? Second, has anybody actually used them/ purchased photos? Third, we have 6 cabins booked right now. Can all cabins be linked together or is it just one package per cabin? How can I get photos taken of family in port or around the ship if I am not with me at the time? Fourth, how does this program actually work?

This past summer on Disney we purchased the photo package that included EVERY single photo (& disk of them) taken of the family which was well worth the couple hundred dollars with over 70 pics taken with the nephews! We purchased this onboard though, not prior. I am unsure how this thing works & if it is even worth it. Will be having a little family/ friends re-union and probably not be traveling with 2nd cousins and long lost friends again and want to capture every possible moment.....Please help! :) Thanks

We are down to roughly 90 days and trying to get things finalized before time passes me by & the cruise is here.

Tina

I got the package on our cruise this summer. It's one package per cabin. Mine was $249 for the prints and the disk for a 12 day cruise. You could get others into the photos with you, so we brought my parents into photos with us, and some friends into another. Also tried to get one taken with my favourite waiter but they had closed up shop for an hour during the dinner hour.

We had 125 photos taken, so I considered it money well spent. I'm not a big souvenir buyer, so this was my big souvenir of the trip. They were set up for photos every night, as I recall.

Do make sure you get all the photos they take of you, though, and that they're all on the disk. Some of ours were missing, especially the ones of me wearing my sunglasses -- the facial recognition software didn't pick up on those ones.

Also make sure that the date and location of the pier shots is correct. I hadn't thought to check that, and there were a few that were off. They're mailing me the corrections on a disk, which I should be getting any day now.

To answer some of your other questions (LOL now that I've veered off a bit), to get the others in your photos, the rest of the family would need to have you or your cabinmate in the photo for you to have them in your package.

The way it works is that you get your photo taken -- at their studio setup (a number of locations around the ship) or on the pier or in the MDR. The next morning they put the photos out on display, so you find yours and take them to the desk, and they'll put them in a folder with your other photos. Near the end of the trip (the day before disembarkment) you pick up your CD and then make sure all the photos are on it that should be. And notify them if any are missing. This part took some time for us, since we had over 100 photos to sift through -- they gave us a printout of what was on the CD, so we just crossed them off on the printout as we found the hard copy.

Hope this answers your questions!

I got the package on our cruise this summer. It's one package per cabin. Mine was $249 for the prints and the disk for a 12 day cruise. You could get others into the photos with you, so we brought my parents into photos with us, and some friends into another. Also tried to get one taken with my favourite waiter but they had closed up shop for an hour during the dinner hour.

We had 125 photos taken, so I considered it money well spent. I'm not a big souvenir buyer, so this was my big souvenir of the trip. They were set up for photos every night, as I recall.

Do make sure you get all the photos they take of you, though, and that they're all on the disk. Some of ours were missing, especially the ones of me wearing my sunglasses -- the facial recognition software didn't pick up on those ones.

Also make sure that the date and location of the pier shots is correct. I hadn't thought to check that, and there were a few that were off. They're mailing me the corrections on a disk, which I should be getting any day now.

To answer some of your other questions (LOL now that I've veered off a bit), to get the others in your photos, the rest of the family would need to have you or your cabinmate in the photo for you to have them in your package.

The way it works is that you get your photo taken -- at their studio setup (a number of locations around the ship) or on the pier or in the MDR. The next morning they put the photos out on display, so you find yours and take them to the desk, and they'll put them in a folder with your other photos. Near the end of the trip (the day before disembarkment) you pick up your CD and then make sure all the photos are on it that should be. And notify them if any are missing. This part took some time for us, since we had over 100 photos to sift through -- they gave us a printout of what was on the CD, so we just crossed them off on the printout as we found the hard copy.

Hope this answers your questions!

How do you sign up for this package? I have never seen it offered?

Of course this post prompted me to discuss this with my husband, he said great, buy the big package as we always spend too much money on these photographs AND of course, I deleted the email.

This is our first Celebrity cruise so I can't tell you if pre-purchasing saves any money or not.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived