Bar Setup - Capt Morgans Rum

toberman

So I've done due diligence searched and read everything I can... also called the Customer Service rep for NCL, and cannot find any answer to this...

They offer Capt Morgans Rum... but which variety?? They don't know ! There are about 5 types and I only want the 'Dark'. Has anyone ever ordered it, and which one did you get??

Wud really hate to get 'Spiced Rum' !! (Although I cud prob drink it ;))

Gosh when I saw your title I thought you must have been from the Maritimes! Thought this area of Canada was the heart of Capn Morgan drinkers!

Oh and sorry I have no idea on the type onboard NCL. But can not imagine they would have the spiced.(unless they have apple cider too;))

I specifically ordered CM Black and that what they gave me. It was probably on the ship so I got it. Make your request but be prepared if you don't get it. If it is not the one you ordered call room service and see if they can change it. If they have it on the ship they will probably exchange it for you.

Good Luck

Have been watching your thread, hoping for an answer... I have always assumed that "Captain Morgan's" meant the Spiced Rum, since that is what they sell in the Duty Free shop, but I also know that they carry bar setup items that are NOT available in duty free and vice versa, so now I am really wondering.. Would LOVE a good dark rum instead of Bacardi white!

Robin

So I've done due diligence searched and read everything I can... also called the Customer Service rep for NCL, and cannot find any answer to this...

They offer Capt Morgans Rum... but which variety?? They don't know ! There are about 5 types and I only want the 'Dark'. Has anyone ever ordered it, and which one did you get??

We ordered Captain Morgans on the Dawn this March and I just assumed it was spiced ...and it was

May have found my own answer... According to the Capt Morgans website, 'Dark' is not available in the US other than at Duty Free coming into Canada. :mad: Why?? It's a blend of Caribbean and Canadian rums.

So now I'll have to wait to see if I get White, Amber or Black Spiced rum from NCL.:(

• 6 months later...

I received this price list from NCL on 5/22/12. I was also advised that the set up includes 3 mixers and 3 garnishes for each bottle. You choose the mixers/garnishes onboard & they will be supplied by your butler or steward.

Seagram's 7 Crown

$83

1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black

$103

1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$103

750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS

$123

750 ml

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P

$103

700 ml

Beefeater

$83

1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire

$103

1 Ltr

Baileys Irish Cream

$103

1 Ltr

Southern Comfort

$103

1 Ltr

Disaronno Amaretto

$103

1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate

$103

750 Ml

Grand Marnier

$103

1 Ltr

Kahlua

$103

1 Ltr

Bacardi Superior

$83

1 Ltr

Captain Morgan Tell them what kind.!!

$83

1 Ltr

J&B Rare

$83

1 Ltr

Glenfiddich

$103

1 Ltr

Chivas Regal

$103

1 Ltr

Cuervo Gold

$83

1 Ltr

1800 Reposado

$103

750 Ml

Don Julio Reposado

$123

750 Ml

Smirnoff

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut

$103

1 Ltr

Absolut Citron

$103

1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach

$103

1 Ltr

Grey Goose

$123

1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange

$123

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire

$123

1 Ltr

Hmmmm...it appears you Canadians have been hiding the rum options from us!

Sorry to tell you, but in the US Captain Morgan is pretty much synonymous with spiced rum, and I'd be quite surprised if you ended up with anything else.

May have found my own answer... According to the Capt Morgans website, 'Dark' is not available in the US other than at Duty Free coming into Canada. :mad: Why?? It's a blend of Caribbean and Canadian rums.

So now I'll have to wait to see if I get White, Amber or Black Spiced rum from NCL.:(

Wow! I never realized you Canadians had sugar cane fields up there! LOL

Got this from the group events coordinator (person you order bar setup from).

"Please be informed that regretfully we do not have Meyers rum for pre-purchase. However, we have been informed the Bacardi Select is a dark rum and Captain Morgan is a spice rum with amber color"

I've tried to read through all of the threads about bar set-ups and have not seen this asked before. Is it possible to get something that's not on the list if it's a liquor that they typically use on the ship?

Malibu Coconut Rum is my favorite liquor when I'm in the Caribbean, but it's not on the list of available liquors.

Is it possible to get something that's not on the list if it's a liquor that they typically use on the ship?

As stupid as it sounds, no. You can get it at the bar, get it in a suite or get it in a liquor package but not in a bar set-up. :confused:

As stupid as it sounds, no. You can get it at the bar, get it in a suite or get it in a liquor package but not in a bar set-up. :confused:

That stinks! I'm very new to NCL and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. When you say that you can get it in a suite, do you mean if we have one of the suites that has bottles of liquor as one of the perks or anyone who has a full suite can order a bottle once on board? What is a liquor package?

I hate to ask more questions on this thread, but I have no idea how things work on NCL. I know that I can order a bottle of liquor through room service on Carnival and they will deliver it at any point throughout the cruise so I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about or if I'm totally out in left field on this.

Wow! I never realized you Canadians had sugar cane fields up there! LOL

Yep... Niagara Peninsula - almost never freezes down there, the place is full of it!! And just like maple syrup - the best sugar comes when there is frost at night and warm temps in the daytime.

And speaking of being 'full of it'... :rolleyes: :D

"Please be informed that regretfully we do not have Meyers rum for pre-purchase. However, we have been informed the Bacardi Select is a dark rum and Captain Morgan is a spice rum with amber color"

Thanks - they don't offer it on the list, I'll just have to ask.

I have the same problem. The house rum tends to be either Bacardi (white) rum or spiced. I missed out on the '2 for 1 happy hours' as I don't like either. Was able to get Meyers or Black Seal dark rum but at the normal drink price, them not being included in the 'Happy hour' scenario.icon9.gif

Further to this I was informed that she was incorrect. All they have is Bacardi Superior (white).

Rather than purchasing the bar setup, is the liquor the same price in one of their shops? If so, can you take it to your room, or will they hold it for you until the end of your sail?

Liquor is much cheaper in the shop, but they hold it until end of your sailing. Bar setup is the only way (following NCL Rules) to have a bottle of liquor in your cabin, other than paying for it "by the shot" price, which is much higher on the ship.

Robin

Liquor is much cheaper in the shop, but they hold it until end of your sailing. Bar setup is the only way (following NCL Rules) to have a bottle of liquor in your cabin, other than paying for it "by the shot" price, which is much higher on the ship.

Robin

Well, that just bites!! I guess they've thought of everything. :p

Archived