Cruising Carnival Fantasy 11/8/12 Atlantis excursion so EXPENSIVE!! Any Ideas?

kimimc713

Hi- I looking to experts for advise! My husband & I are traveling with our 3 kids (14, 11 & 8) on the Fantasy 11/8 from South Carolina.

The excursions all look AMAZING but I really didn't want to spend more $.....but I can't imagine being at the Atlantis & not letting them have that experience of the waterpark! I've been reading through other posts of people booking a room at the Comfort Suites. The room total w/ tax is $308.12. However, the room is only for 4 NOT 5 :(

Is anyone else experiencing this dilema?? Could we split another room? ....Am I CRAZY??? Any other ideas? IDK if i could really spend $179pp $149per child for a 5 hour waterpark day!:eek: ?

Hopefully, someone can share their ideas/experience!? Thank you I would really appreciate it!

Soooo not worth the $$$$$$. IMO.,...especially if you are watching your pennies, and for 5 hours? It really isn't anything special. Again, just my opinion. There are great beaches you can take the kids to for a fraction of the cost.

What she said

If you look under the Bahamas section of ports you will see a wealth of info. Seems I saw something (maybe your post) about this. From my experience you have 2 options, get the Comfort Suites and buy a day pass for the last person which can be bought at the "door"... I think you might be able to purchase it at CS, not sure though... or let someone sit out... Mom or Dad.

As a side note I personally would not spend the money for at best 4-5 hours at a water park. You need to realize that the water park is part of the resort and is all over the place, a good bit of a walk from CS, and you have to get back to the ship. Some people never even "check-in" to the room, just get the passes and off to Atlantis. If doing take advantage of being able to see the "Digs" also. I would look into a pass to the Sheraton, enjoy the beach, spend some of the money you saved on para-sailing/jet skies, etc.

Either way have a wonderful trip!

If you look under the Bahamas section of ports you will see a wealth of info. Seems I saw something (maybe your post) about this. From my experience you have 2 options, get the Comfort Suites and buy a day pass for the last person which can be bought at the "door"... I think you might be able to purchase it at CS, not sure though... or let someone sit out... Mom or Dad.

As a side note I personally would not spend the money for at best 4-5 hours at a water park. You need to realize that the water park is part of the resort and is all over the place, a good bit of a walk from CS, and you have to get back to the ship. Some people never even "check-in" to the room, just get the passes and off to Atlantis. If doing take advantage of being able to see the "Digs" also. I would look into a pass to the Sheraton, enjoy the beach, spend some of the money you saved on para-sailing/jet skies, etc.

Either way have a wonderful trip!

Lol...that is what we did once while in Nassau. We took the #10 public bus right to the Sheraton. ($1.25 for the bus). What a beautiful beach...we had such a nice day there. :o

Lol...that is what we did once while in Nassau. We took the #10 public bus right to the Sheraton. ($1.25 for the bus). What a beautiful beach...we had such a nice day there. :o

Yeah, never have figured out why someone would pay to go another country with beautiful aqua-marine water and then pay a large fee to go to a water park that at best could be considered mediocre compared to some in the US. Very good advertising for sure. NOW if I stayed at Atlantis I would for sure take advantage of it, but then it's included.

Another good thing to remember is that Nassau can have multiple ships in port at the same time. And Atlantis is a popular destination. I don't think I would want to stay at Atlantis on a land based vacation knowing it gets bombarded daily with thousands of cruise ship guests! Also the traffic in Nassau is crazy. We got back on the ship early but we could see the traffic to get back over the bridge from Paradise Island was bumper to bumper...not moving. So you have to consider leaving enough time to get back on the ship from over there, which will cut into waterpark time. I know a lot of people love going there but just a couple things to consider. If you go to the Bahamas page on here, ScubaGirl has a lot of great info.

I TOTALLY agree with you! I feel the pressure...... from the advertising!

Just keep saying to yourself..."all of that money could have paid for a months worth of groceries for my family". As most of us have already stated...SO NOT WORTH IT.

Thank you! I'm gonna check out the Sheraton. We are totally a beach family!

Is the public transportation system easy to navigate? Is it far?

I'm nervous! I don't want to waste our time (or $)

NO. As soon as you walk off the pier....walk thru the straw market....to the main street. You will see all of the buses lined up. If you are confused, there will be tons of people that will point you in the right direction. Believe me, if I can do it, you can. It is only a 10 minute ride...sooooo beautiful.

We're going to be on the same cruise! Still planning what to do in port, but I'm pretty sure we've excluded Atlantis due to price. Don't know if you have or not, but you should join the roll call. I am beginning to think we'll have the ship to ourselves! See you in 37 days!

Another good thing to remember is that Nassau can have multiple ships in port at the same time. And Atlantis is a popular destination. I don't think I would want to stay at Atlantis on a land based vacation knowing it gets bombarded daily with thousands of cruise ship guests!

They have a quota and that's when "daypasses" are not available. Yes there are a lot of people but not the 1000's you are thinking of. Almost every cruise that excursion sells out and depending on what ships are in, how many guests are actually staying in Atlantis, etc. determines the number of passes available. 4 of July (if on a weekend) rarely has passes above the limited amount set aside for the cruise ships.

NO. As soon as you walk off the pier....walk thru the straw market....to the main street. You will see all of the buses lined up. If you are confused, there will be tons of people that will point you in the right direction. Believe me, if I can do it, you can. It is only a 10 minute ride...sooooo beautiful.

THANK YOU- you are a huge help!

We're going to be on the same cruise! Still planning what to do in port, but I'm pretty sure we've excluded Atlantis due to price. Don't know if you have or not, but you should join the roll call. I am beginning to think we'll have the ship to ourselves! See you in 37 days!

COOL! I'm new to this....I'm gonna go figure out "roll call" now! Do you have children?

If the "bus" is a bit daunting any of the cabs will take you to the Sheraton... and don't pay over $5-7pp... with 5 people they should just take you although they might try to add a few more.. and if so no more than $5pp. Usually $35-40 will get you the cab for your family. A bit more than the bus but you get dropped off at the entrance to the Sheraton. Same on way back.

COOL! I'm new to this....I'm gonna go figure out "roll call" now! Do you have children?

I'm still learning these boards as well! I do have two girls (5yo and 2yo), but they won't be travelling with us. This is our first cruise and my husband and I are going with my cousin and her husband. It will be first cruises for all of us! I'm nervous about leaving the kids for an extended period of time, but I'm sure they'll be spoiled rotten by the time we get home! Good luck and see you soon!

I was recently looking through the ports of call pages on the same subject and it seems Atlantis is going through some financial troubles and seems to be falling into disrepair with not so clean water. Check out the boards there are recent pictures there. Be careful a lot of money either way.

We have been to Nassau plenty of times, it's like a 2nd home to us, lol, (not really) but I wouldn't do the Atlantis. It isn't worth the ridiculous amount of money they want to charge. The sheraton is a lot quieter, cheaper and more relaxing. I'd definitely go there! My DH and I rode scooters down there and we were surprised how much more quiet it was down there. Go there! And I agree with the other poster who said if you get a cab, don't pay more than $5 a head.

I was recently looking through the ports of call pages on the same subject and it seems Atlantis is going through some financial troubles and seems to be falling into disrepair with not so clean water. Check out the boards there are recent pictures there. Be careful a lot of money either way.

Really? How is that even possible with those astronomical prices?

Another vote for the Sheraton Cable Beach. We took the #10 jitney, they dropped us off right in front. If you don't want to take the bus route a taxi would work, more expensive but certainly cheaper than Atlantis! Really enjoyed it, we will definitely return there.

Archived