No Tolls best route from FLL to MIA

elifnena

Hi Can someone help me? I was thinking of going locally to avoid toll charges, I've read that they charge even if you pay the tolls. So I will be arriving at FLL but staying at a MIA hotel. So I was thinking of driving from FLL to the miami ariport hotle locally, maybe thru ocean drive all the way to Miami Beach. Will I find tolls if I take this route or will it be better to take the highway?

thanks for your help

You can certainly do that as a leisurely drive.

But just take I-95, there are no tolls, simply avoid the furthest left two lanes clearly marked "Express Lanes/Sunpass Only" Its very obvious and very easy to avoid.

Yogi

You can certainly do that as a leisurely drive.

But just take I-95, there are no tolls, simply avoid the furthest left two lanes clearly marked "Express Lanes/Sunpass Only" Its very obvious and very easy to avoid.

Yogi

thansks,

So from your repose.. there are not tolls thru ocean drive route, but thru I-95 i will find tolls? I'm a bit confuse.. if I stay to the to right lanes I don't have to pay????

Ok. The furthest left two lanes are "variable toll" lanes. The fee for using them can be as low as $.025 and as high as $6.00 depending on how much traffic there is.

Its SUPER easy to avoid. Here's the sign announcing you are approaching the Express lanes.

95express1.jpg

And this is what the lanes look like after you pass them, as you can see the furthest two lanes are delineated from the rest of the traffic.

i95express2.jpg

This is me fishing. What does that have to do with tolling? Nothing! Its a reminder to relax and enjoy your stay here...we look forward to having you. (Plus I feel like showing off this morning).

DSC00051.jpg

Archived