Airport & Luggage

kimmyg726

Getting ready to head to San Juan in the next two weeks and have a few weeks and have a few question.

1- I've heard that the airport on Sundays is pretty rough. We have a late afternoon flight. How crowded is it as the day goes on?

2- Are the plenty of restaurants/food options in the airport?

3- What is the best place to leave our luggage for a few hours while we chill in the city?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Getting ready to head to San Juan in the next two weeks and have a few weeks and have a few question.

1- I've heard that the airport on Sundays is pretty rough. We have a late afternoon flight. How crowded is it as the day goes on?

2- Are the plenty of restaurants/food options in the airport?

3- What is the best place to leave our luggage for a few hours while we chill in the city?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

Hi Kim! You're in for a treat, sailing out of San Juan. Hands down, my favorite sailaway so far. It's gorgeous departing at night!

1. It can be pretty hectic on Sundays. I would give yourself an hour or two to get through the Ag screening, check-in, and security at the airport.

2. Eat lunch in Old San Juan. The food at SJU is pretty bad (just my opinion). There is a sandwich shop, a pastry shop, and another place that I think serves a couple hot items. The food's not that good though. It's a place for snacks....not a full lunch.

3. If you're not taking a departure day excursion with your cruise line (these would hold your luggage for you too), I would take my luggage to Barrachina. You can do a search on them here in this forum, lots of info. They hold your luggage for free. Drop off the luggage, maybe get a pina colada there, and head out to explore Old San Juan. There are a lot of really great places for lunch in town.

If you see a piragua (shaved ice) cart in town, be sure to grab one! I think they're only $2. The coconut flavor is delicious- sweetened coconut milk poured over the ice. I have to get one whenever I'm in the area, lol.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

~Chrystal

Hi Kim! You're in for a treat, sailing out of San Juan. Hands down, my favorite sailaway so far. It's gorgeous departing at night!

1. It can be pretty hectic on Sundays. I would give yourself an hour or two to get through the Ag screening, check-in, and security at the airport.

2. Eat lunch in Old San Juan. The food at SJU is pretty bad (just my opinion). There is a sandwich shop, a pastry shop, and another place that I think serves a couple hot items. The food's not that good though. It's a place for snacks....not a full lunch.

3. If you're not taking a departure day excursion with your cruise line (these would hold your luggage for you too), I would take my luggage to Barrachina. You can do a search on them here in this forum, lots of info. They hold your luggage for free. Drop off the luggage, maybe get a pina colada there, and head out to explore Old San Juan. There are a lot of really great places for lunch in town.

If you see a piragua (shaved ice) cart in town, be sure to grab one! I think they're only $2. The coconut flavor is delicious- sweetened coconut milk poured over the ice. I have to get one whenever I'm in the area, lol.

Hope this helps! Feel free to ask if you have more questions.

~Chrystal

Chrystal:

Thank you so much for the wonderful info! Very helpful!

The coconut shaved ice sounds heavenly. I love everything coconut:D

Archived