Margarita Mix Needed

tony_g51181

Okay so today I figured I would place my order for Bon Voyage.... I order a bottle of Tequila and a bottle of Crown Royal. I intially called in the first time to get the prices and find out how far in advance I needed to order and then questioned if I could buy a pre mix for margaritas and was told no by the first person and was told some people have used the lemonade to make them!! :( Well I asked if could bring my own with me? She stated as long as they were 1) in a can or 2) in a bottle consisting of 20oz or less then I could.....So I searched away and needless to say I was not able to find that in either of the two forms mentioned...... On my second call when I placed my order today I asked once again and this time was told just to bring it with me as longs as my non alcohol quanity was not above the 240oz I would be okay.....(12 non alcoholic beverages 20oz or less) With two different suggestions from one company I don't know which to believe??? Would hate to be without on the ship??? Anyone have any history with taking larger bottles of mixers on??

Okay so today I figured I would place my order for Bon Voyage.... I order a bottle of Tequila and a bottle of Crown Royal. I intially called in the first time to get the prices and find out how far in advance I needed to order and then questioned if I could buy a pre mix for margaritas and was told no by the first person and was told some people have used the lemonade to make them!! :( Well I asked if could bring my own with me? She stated as long as they were 1) in a can or 2) in a bottle consisting of 20oz or less then I could.....So I searched away and needless to say I was not able to find that in either of the two forms mentioned...... On my second call when I placed my order today I asked once again and this time was told just to bring it with me as longs as my non alcohol quanity was not above the 240oz I would be okay.....(12 non alcoholic beverages 20oz or less) With two different suggestions from one company I don't know which to believe??? Would hate to be without on the ship??? Anyone have any history with taking larger bottles of mixers on??

I have taken mixers on several times, always packed in my checked luggage, and never had a problem.

Also, how far in advance do you need to order from bv? I've been holding off hoping they expand the bar program, but I'm only 25 days out now. Don't want to miss the cutoff!!! :)

People have taken on mixers on every cruise that I've been on without any issues. DO NOT put them in your checked luggage as that will most likely earn you a naughty room letter letting you know that your mixers will be returned at the end of the cruise. Yes, there will be people who have done it and had no issues and they will tell you that it's fine however Carnival has been cracking down on beverages of any kind in checked luggage.

Throw them in your carry on and make sure they are unopened and you should be fine :)

Archived