Dolphin swim in the Caymans

aggiemom06

Going on cruise in February 2013 and visiting ports at Jamaica, Grand Caymans and Cozumel. We want to do a dolphin swim and I get the impression on here that most people do that in Cozumel. But, we also want to visit some Mayan ruins and it looks like we can only do that thru the ship excursion to Tulum in Cozumel. Can I get some feedback from anyone on a dolphin swim while in the Cayman Islands. Also, does anyone know of a reliable private company that do the dolphin swim excursion since the ship excursion is so expensive. Thanks :D

We were on Carnival Conquest on July 2012, and the only way to book a dolphin swim in Grand Cayman was through the cruiseline. The two dolphin swim places would not schedule you directly, if they knew you were coming in on a ship, because they already had excursions set up with them.

I had read somewhere that you could attempt to book, directly, if you claimed you were staying at a hotel, but then you have to arrange your own transportation. (I didn't have any interest in that, though.)

It was expensive, but the dolphin swim was well worth it. Amazing memories for our family of five!

Archived