Constellation hair dryers

lovesthesea

I can't speak to Connie's hair dryers, but in my experience, bringing a small travel hair dryer will be better than any cruise hairdryer you'll come across. I took a Princess cruise a few years ago, and I saw posts raving about how great the hairdryers were, so I didn't bring one. I am not exaggerating when I say that that $%#$ hairdryer let out less air than I do when I blow out a candle. I literally had to go stand in the sun to dry my hair because that stupid thing would not dry my hair no matter how much I tried. Maybe I've just had bad luck and other cabin occupants were happily drying their thick, lustrous manes, while I sported limp locks for the trip's entirety. But I can assure you that I never leave my hairdryer at home now!

We were on the Connie last December. The hose hair dryer on the bathroom wall is the norm. I brought my own because the bathroom gets hot enough without the extra air and it frees up the bathroom for my DH to get ready. it is easier to dry my hair at the desk area anyway and I manage to stand in from of the air conditioning vent too.

I'm amazed that they still have those very old, very outdated hose dryers. Every hotel I have stayed in during the last three or four years has eliminated them so I'm surprised that X has not. It makes the room look tired and old, and negatively affects passenger satisfaction. I'll probably bring one from home but even my travel dryer adds weight and takes space - an important consideration when flying across the pond.

If you are in a suite or a CC you get a small hairdryer in a bag. It's probably the equivalent of a travel hairdryer. In my experience breathing on your hair is probably more efficient :)

IMHO buy a cheap lightweight travel hairdryer rather than take the risk. If you have anything more than short fine hair the bathroom dryer will not be up to the job and will take a LONG time.

Archived