Early Saver Cabin Downgrade?

I have the early saver fare and last night I got a lower rate ($47 total) and upgraded from a lower deck to a higher deck, but both are oceanview and in the same area.

Today I see an even lower rate than yesterday, but it's on the lower deck (my original cabin). Can I use the Early Saver fare and receive this lower rate and go back down to that deck?

Thanks!

I called Carnival a couple of months ago and asked to be moved from deck 10 to deck 7 (same room category). It was a downgrade but we wanted to be closer to some other family members. The PVP on the phone made the change with no problem. I submitted and early saver form to get the lower price and it was granted within 24 hours.

You have to price-match to a cabin in the same Category as you're booked (or higher in some cases); you can't price-match to a lower Category cabin. You need to determine your Cabin category and price-match relative to that category. ken

I called Carnival a couple of months ago and asked to be moved from deck 10 to deck 7 (same room category). It was a downgrade but we wanted to be closer to some other family members. The PVP on the phone made the change with no problem. I submitted and early saver form to get the lower price and it was granted within 24 hours.

Thanks, okcthundercruiser!

You have to price-match to a cabin in the same Category as you're booked (or higher in some cases); you can't price-match to a lower Category cabin. You need to determine your Cabin category and price-match relative to that category. ken

Ken,

I started out in category 6A, and I am now in 6E. So I can only price match a 6E now? Not a 6A?

Thanks!

Ken,

I started out in category 6A, and I am now in 6E. So I can only price match a 6E now? Not a 6A?

Thanks!

correct!

If a fare* that you're eligible for, for a Category 6E drops below your current CruiseFare amount, then you can get a price adjustment.

If a fare* that you're eligible for for a (ANY) Category above yours drops below your current CruiseFare amount, then you can upgrade to that higher Category.

*Note that in addition to watching ES fares, you can also watch and pricematch to any of the Promo Rates that you're normally eligible to book: Past Guest, your state Resident, age 55+, Military..... Also, sales that indicate "for new bookings only" - this restriction does NOT apply to Early Saver price-matching.

ken

ken

There was no problem because this wasn't a Category "downgrade" as the change was (acording to the OP) the same Category. The same Category can/does extend across several decks - it's the Category, not the Deck that martters.

ken

There was no problem because this wasn't a Category "downgrade" as the change was (acording to the OP) the same Category. The same Category can/does extend across several decks - it's the Category, not the Deck that martters.

ken

Okay, so really, it is just the number that matters in my case (I'm in category 6?) I had 6A and now have 6D (6A is on deck 4 and 6D is on deck 7). So, if I find a lower rate in ANY "6" area, even if it is on a lower deck, then I can get that rate, correct?

Stacey :)

correct!

If a fare* that you're eligible for, for a Category 6E drops below your current CruiseFare amount, then you can get a price adjustment.

If a fare* that you're eligible for for a (ANY) Category above yours drops below your current CruiseFare amount, then you can upgrade to that higher Category.

*Note that in addition to watching ES fares, you can also watch and pricematch to any of the Promo Rates that you're normally eligible to book: Past Guest, your state Resident, age 55+, Military..... Also, sales that indicate "for new bookings only" - this restriction does NOT apply to Early Saver price-matching.

ken

ken

Thanks! See my other question, please! :o

Okay, so really, it is just the number that matters in my case (I'm in category 6?) I had 6A and now have 6D (6A is on deck 4 and 6D is on deck 7). So, if I find a lower rate in ANY "6" area, even if it is on a lower deck, then I can get that rate, correct?

It's the specific Category identifier including the number AND the letter that matters for ES Price matching - that uniquely identifies your Cabin "Category".

If you're now booked 6D you can only match specifically to a 6D based on your current cruisefare:

If a 6A or a 6B or a 6C dtops in fare that does you no good.

If a 6D drops in fare, you can price match it and get a fare adjustment.

If a 6E or 6F or a 8A or an 8B or an 8C fare drops below your current CruiseFare you can upgrade to a cabin in that Category.

ken

No, the letter matters, too. A 6D is a higher 'grade' than a 6A. Same category, different grade. You now have to price match to a 6D. EM

That's the way Carnival kinda "gets you". It sounds good to take the upgrade, but you loose out on the OBC. We picked the cabin we wanted, and when the rates drop, we skip the upgrade and just keep taking the OBC. You'd be amazed how it can add up!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can downgrade with a fee or penalty? And what that might be. After booking first, we decided to add a 2nd for a B2B cruise on the Breeze, the cabin we have on the first cruise is interior spa. It is not available for 2nd leg. The cabin on our second is a 1A porthole cabin & it is available on the first leg. Would love to be able to stay in same cabin for whole 2 weeks.

Archived