Magen's-quiet spot

cruisinlawn

After many visits to STT, we're finally going to Megan's, have done most of the others. Will we find a quiet spot on the Bay? If so, where would the best place be to get dropped or is it all the same and just walk? There are only 3 ships (apprx 8k pax) scheduled for the day we'll be in port. TIA.:)

You will be dropped by the main restaurant/water sports area. If you walk along the beach to your left, as you are looking at the water, you will notice that the crowds will thin out. I guess it is that herd mentality that everyone crowds around the bar.

Will we find a quiet spot on the Bay? If so, where would the best place be to get dropped or is it all the same and just walk?

Since you have to pay ($4 pp) to get onto the beach there is only one entrance. This entrance is near the center of the beach. Most people bunch up here. The walk from one end to the other is less than a mile so it's easy to walk and spread out a bit. I've only been there once and crowding was not an issue at all, it's a beautiful beach.

254609_109519865816849_546115_n.jpg

224547_109528082482694_5434789_n.jpg

285514_109518755816960_8262243_n.jpg

and not at all like the pictures above. With all the mega ships, it is totally packed with people.

What the heck? Pictures don't lie....I just took these pictures in 2011, visiting from a cruise ship, and that's exactly what it was like the day I was there. I suppose it depends on how many ships are in port but to say it's jam packed everyday isn't fair either.

And yes, cruisinlawn there are loungers for rent.

What the heck? Pictures don't lie....I just took these pictures in 2011, visiting from a cruise ship, and that's exactly what it was like the day I was there. I suppose it depends on how many ships are in port but to say it's jam packed everyday isn't fair either.

And yes, cruisinlawn there are loungers for rent.

Your pictures look like heaven! Only speaking of my experience and what we saw our last couple of trips there. We have found that with ships like the Oasis/Allure plus several others being in St. Thomas on the same day, it is mobbed. Our last 2 trips there we were came from the Oasis (2011) and the Disney Dream (2012). Both of those times, it was hard to find a place to put down the beach towels without being close to someone else. It is a lovely spot, though!

Archived