14 day cruise and laundry ??

Charlie4

If you send your laundry out under the bag special is it true nothing is ironed just washed and folded? What if you send it out under the pay per item charge, will your slacks or shirts come back ironed?

OR... must you pay for the washing and then pay again for the pressing on each such item? If so that is a heafty price to pay!

It's stated to be a wash and fold special. But nothing I've sent has ever come back wrinkled. Sometimes I've even gotten certain items back on hangers.

I agree with the others. Do not send out anything that is delicate or bright colored that could fade. It's great for jeans, t-shirts, socks, underwear, shorts. Never had any problem, even with my polo shirts.

For those sent out in the regular laundry and paid for per piece, I would expect them to be handled like a laundry on land. Washed in the appropriate temperatures and ironed. On the first night, they usually have an iron only special.

As you can probably guess this will our first NCL cruise so we are not familiar with the laundry system. We usually cruise on a line that has an unlimited laundry package that returns pressed /ironed clothing. Or even with their bag for $20....it all comes back ironed. This system is new to us.

From what i gather here, one would use the "all you can squeeze in a bag" for sturdy items that do not need ironing and send out those things that are more delicate or definitely require pressing on a pay per item deal. Costly, but now i can really appreciate NCL's more casual dress code.

We have also had some shirts come back with a faded/dingy look to them. Someone on another thread mentioned to take some of the color catcher sheets for the laundry and throw the sheet in with our clothes. I use them at home and they work great. Can't hurt.

but do you think the laundry workers would #1-- find the color catcher sheet and #2--- put it in the massive washing machine..... after all they might not know what it was and I doubt they would take the risk especially since they apparently wash multilple bag loads together.

Personally i always use those sheets !

The person who suggested it said it worked great so I guess the didn't find hers. Since its just a sheet smaller than a dryer sheet I doubt they would even notice.

Well, I will bring some along. As you say, can't hurt to try!

Anytime I travel for longer than 7 days I take my old underwear and throw them out each day. Makes for a little more space in the luggage going home and then later I buy nice new undies to replace them.

I've done that with "last year's sandals' but never thought to also do the same with undies, thanks for the tip!

Archived