Halloween on the ship

Charlie4

I just thought I will be on board for Halloween, what should I expect ?? Should I bring a costume.

I have never been on a cruise over halloween before, but will be this year. I am definitely taking a costume...I hear from others that have cruised over halloween before that the ships have a big party and a lot of people dress up. Hope that helps!

We were on the POA in Hawaii back in Oct. of 2010. We decorated the outside of our door with a witches hat with a lei around it - since the door was metal we used a big magnet that we use on the refrig. at home. It was cool and makes your door stand out when your are walking down the hall. We leave next Friday for Canada/New England cruise and we have the hat and different decorations packed. Have fun - and a safe trip...

We have not been on NCL ship for Halloween, but sailed on Explorer of the Seas (RCCL) during it. We were very surprised how many people had costumes... not children, adults! I am not sure how it celebrated on NCL, but on EOS they had Promenade decorated nicely, and parade.

DSC_1177.JPG

DSC_1179.JPG

DSC_1180.JPG

DSC_1192.JPG

Do you have to bring your own costumes with you? (My DH is convinced for some reason that NCL would rent out costumes.)

Bring Your Own Costume. You can't believe some of the elaborate costumes that people bring for a Halloween cruise and the competition to win a prize is fierce! We were on the Epic in 2010 for Halloween...I put my roller skates on and went as a roller derby ghoul and my DH was a blind referee. We won the "bravest costume on a moving ship" prize. Soooooo much fun! Even if you don't dress up, go to the party...it's fanstastic!

We'll be at GSC that day. Will anything be done for Halloween at GSC?

(I'm glad Halloween is on our Private Island day. We'll be back at the ship early, unlike Florida the day before and Nassau the day after.)

Archived