How long does it take to disembark?

tigers

That should not be a problem - however - 7:00 AM seems early for disembarkation - most ships in FLL don't start disembarking untill about 8:30.

Even at that you will still have time - show your tickets to the purser during the week and you wil get disembarkation tags that will allow you plenty of time.

Ron

Many variables involved, including is ship on time? Throw in Customs, Immigration, stevedores for the luggage, local traffic, etc., etc.

General rule of thumb many cruisers use is never book a flight before noon. I usually look for flights around 2pm, to give just a little cushion.

Way back in Aug 02, on Golden Princess, we were 6 hrs late into NYC because of Atlantic storms. It was a Sunday, and there were three ships ahead of us. There was only enough Customs, Immigration, stevedores, and surface transportation to handle one ship at a time! Very few people made their flights - Princess stepped up to the plate, arranged new flights, got us hotels and meals (at their expense).

Travel is an adventure!

Your ship arrives at 7:00am but won't start disembarkation until 8:00am normally. You should have plenty of time to make your flight. I've made 10:30 flights before with time to spare.

Scott

That also depends on whether everyone goes to immigration when they are supposed to. We were disembarking in March on our cruise to Hawaii and because people were not getting to immigration when they were supposed to they will not let anyone off untill all went through immigration. They did not start letting anyone off till about 10am and many said they are going to miss their flights. Good luck.

Your 12:50 flight should entitle you to special passes for early disembarkation. Check with the Purser's desk early in your cruise and request them.

Like others have suggested, the ship must be cleared by customs inspectors before anyone is allowed off the vessel. This usually happens between 8-8:30. If you are flying home from FLL, you shouldn't have any difficulty making the 12:50 flight.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

Thanks for the responses everyone. Sounds like we should be able to do it. We got direct flights to and from FLL and my wife flys with me for free (thanks to Delta and Amex, LOL), so I'm a bit limited on my options. If we miss the flight, oh well. That's just another day of vacation, right? :D

Ft. Lauderdale is very efficient. Immigration is done off the ship, so there are no major delays disembarking. You can only get priority disembarkation tags if your flight leaves before noon. Normally they have everyone off the ship by about 10:30, so you shouldn't have any trouble making your flight.

Your 12:50 flight should entitle you to special passes for early disembarkation. Check with the Purser's desk early in your cruise and request them.

Like others have suggested, the ship must be cleared by customs inspectors before anyone is allowed off the vessel. This usually happens between 8-8:30. If you are flying home from FLL, you shouldn't have any difficulty making the 12:50 flight.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

a 12:50pm flight does not get you early embarkation. Only flights before noon get off early.

This time of the year there are not many ships in port so the airport won't be a total zoo.

Scott

a 12:50pm flight does not get you early embarkation. Only flights before noon get off early.

This time of the year there are not many ships in port so the airport won't be a total zoo.

Scott

OK just a Petting Zoo

Ron

Scott

DH and I have received priority disembarkation for flights as late as 1:00 on several cruises. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived