Found Romance on the "Love Boat"?

spingal

Just curious - has anyone met their special someone on a cruise? Either a passenger or a crew member? Thought it would be interesting to find out if the Princess ships are ever truly "Love Boats"!! ;)

I met my boyfreind on the Grand Princess December 28, 2003 and we are still together. He was doing 1 contract for Princess while he was waiting to see if a business idea he had would work out down in the BVI (it didn't).

Also on my first Carnival cruise way back I met a passenger and we lived in the same state as he was also there for the same convention we were at so we dated when we got back for several months.

A word of caution though life on board is different than on land and there are a lot of crew who use people. I am not sure if they all mean to, but I could tell you a bunch of stories and most do not have happy endings.

Many years ago a friend of my mother's had a cruise planned with her husband. Her husband died unexpectedly sometime before the cruise so she took her adult daughter with her instead. The daughter met one of the staff officers onboard and they eventually married. I don't know the daughter personally, but does this count?

Many years ago a friend of my mother's had a cruise planned with her husband. Her husband died unexpectedly sometime before the cruise so she took her adult daughter with her instead. The daughter met one of the staff officers onboard and they eventually married. I don't know the daughter personally, but does this count?

Definitely counts!! It is interesting to read everyone's stories!

9 years ago on the Pacific Princess (THE Original Love Boat) I met someone very special (crew member). We have continued our relationship both on & off the sea;)

Wow -- that is a long time. Is it hard to maintain a relationship both on and off the sea? Hope you are happy! :)

Two passengers met and got engaged on my last cruise! We were on a 24 day from Tahiti to Ft. Lauderdale on the (new) Pacific Princess. By the time we got to our last port, Ocho Rios, they hopped off and bought a ring. They were both in their 80's, so they were certainly old enough to know when it's "right".:)

I hope they've just kept on cruising.

Amy

Dont know if this counts, but...............we didn't meet on a Princess cruise but we got engaged on a Princess Cruise (the Golden) which was magical and on our way off the boat we picked up a brochure for weddings onboard. Well a little over a year later we were married on OUR love boat, the Caribbean Princess. Captain Romano married us at sea on the aft deck and it was amazing. :)

I met my loved one on board.

Every morning when I turned over there she was.........

Fully recharged and ready to go..............

My brand new eight mega pixel Canon EOS digital camera loaded with a 2 gig

memory card ! ( Now you didn't think??? Nah not the wife!)

Hope she dont see this !

I met my husband on a cruise, but wasn't aboard Princess. Was aboard Carnival Celebration matter of fact. We were both traveling solo (not a singles cruise) and were assigned the same dining table with 8 other people. Met the first night at dinner and have been inseperable ever since. He was the self professed bacherlor at almost 40 yrs old and he'll tell you he knew by the 3rd day he wanted to marry me! I lived in Iowa and he had just moved from NYC to Dallas. After only 5 weeks of a "commuting" relationship he moved to Iowa to be with me. Now that's love because Iowa was a big change for him from NYC and Dallas! We were married 6 months later and right after the wedding my company transferred me to Houston where we remain 7 1/2 yrs later!

Cruising remains our favorite type of vacation. Just retd from our 9th cruise 2 weeks ago and have 3 more in the works!

I met my husband on a cruise, but wasn't aboard Princess. Was aboard Carnival Celebration matter of fact. We were both traveling solo (not a singles cruise) and were assigned the same dining table with 8 other people. Met the first night at dinner and have been inseperable ever since. He was the self professed bacherlor at almost 40 yrs old and he'll tell you he knew by the 3rd day he wanted to marry me! I lived in Iowa and he had just moved from NYC to Dallas. After only 5 weeks of a "commuting" relationship he moved to Iowa to be with me. Now that's love because Iowa was a big change for him from NYC and Dallas! We were married 6 months later and right after the wedding my company transferred me to Houston where we remain 7 1/2 yrs later!

Cruising remains our favorite type of vacation. Just retd from our 9th cruise 2 weeks ago and have 3 more in the works!

All of these stories are so cool!! It gives us single women hope that we will find "Mr. Right"!!! :D

And I love the story of the 80 year olds. Now they act fast but I guess they need to!! ;)

Archived