Allure Flowrider

swwake

Just off Allure today. For anyone who may be getting onboard and a Flowrider fan like me, they are replacing the pumps on the port side Flowrider. They closed it yesterday to disassemble. Today, cranes are lifting them out to replace. I doubt there will be port side riding today.

Just off Allure today. For anyone who may be getting onboard and a Flowrider fan like me, they are replacing the pumps on the port side Flowrider. They closed it yesterday to disassemble. Today, cranes are lifting them out to replace. I doubt there will be port side riding today.

Thanks for the update, we saw that yesterday and there's another thread going on the subject. We had some "expert" tell us that the pumps could not be the problem. so far it appears that they are only replacing 1 pump. We'll see what happens

Thanks for the update, we saw that yesterday and there's another thread going on the subject. We had some "expert" tell us that the pumps could not be the problem. so far it appears that they are only replacing 1 pump. We'll see what happens

I never said the pump wasn't the problem. I said that based on the quality of the pumps in flowriders that I doubted it was a pump. I also said that even if it was the pump that it wouldn't be down for very long.

You're the one that then proceeded to pull the typical bully's tactic and say that I didn't know what I was talking about since I probably didn't have the skill to ride one anyways.

I'd suggest you work on your reading comprehension and get out of your attack mindset. Just because a person doesn't agree with you doesn't make them your enemy.

Anyways, based on your attitude I can see that we are going to butt heads again in the future and I have better things to do with my time. Welcome to my ignore list. Grats, you're the first one on it. :cool:

I'll look for the other thread. We rode the starboard side Flowrider on Day 2 morning for a private lesson and the port side one the rest of the week except yesterday. Yesterday, they ran the Freedom Class schedule and we rode starboard side all day.

There were obvious differences. The port side seemed a little slower and one side or the other would randomly shut down completely during the week. It was like a circuit breaker (but I'm no mechanical expert). Staff had to radio in every incident where it stopped.

Yesterday, we watched them disassemble it (which was really cool to see, by the way). They completely disassembled and disconnected BOTH pumps. Neither of us asked or confirmed, but it sure looked like they were pulling both pumps from the ship.

We had a great time and improved a ton this week. My husband rode in best of the best. I was actually asked to, but declined. I'm really not that good (yet).

I'll look for the other thread. We rode the starboard side Flowrider on Day 2 morning for a private lesson and the port side one the rest of the week except yesterday. Yesterday, they ran the Freedom Class schedule and we rode starboard side all day.

There were obvious differences. The port side seemed a little slower and one side or the other would randomly shut down completely during the week. It was like a circuit breaker (but I'm no mechanical expert). Staff had to radio in every incident where it stopped.

Yesterday, we watched them disassemble it (which was really cool to see, by the way). They completely disassembled and disconnected BOTH pumps. Neither of us asked or confirmed, but it sure looked like they were pulling both pumps from the ship.

We had a great time and improved a ton this week. My husband rode in best of the best. I was actually asked to, but declined. I'm really not that good (yet).

Yes, they are replacing both pumps

Gallery_2.jpg?1349626257942

Since you were just on the Allure, can you tell us if they were stopping people from doing any tricks?
Long answer to a short question: No, they weren't stopping people, but I don't think anyone was trying tricks where your feet leave the board.

When we took our lesson on Day 2, we talked to the staff and they confirmed that there are new rules. They weren't specific, but here's what we observed: Never did two staff ride at the same time. There was never a demo. I saw one of the staff do an ollie. No kickflips. No acid drops.

Drop ins from the top are fine. Starting from the front (bottom) is fine. Starting from your heel side is also ok. Lots of carving, "banana boats" and one thing where they would put a hand on the front of the board and kick their front leg out behind them.

Let me know if you have other questions. Happy to answer.

Long answer to a short question: No, they weren't stopping people, but I don't think anyone was trying tricks where your feet leave the board.

When we took our lesson on Day 2, we talked to the staff and they confirmed that there are new rules. They weren't specific, but here's what we observed: Never did two staff ride at the same time. There was never a demo. I saw one of the staff do an ollie. No kickflips. No acid drops.

Drop ins from the top are fine. Starting from the front (bottom) is fine. Starting from your heel side is also ok. Lots of carving, "banana boats" and one thing where they would put a hand on the front of the board and kick their front leg out behind them.

Let me know if you have other questions. Happy to answer.

Thanks, this is very helpful. What about board tranfers or the trick where they kick the board forward and jump on it as it come back to them?

Thanks, this is very helpful. What about board tranfers or the trick where they kick the board forward and jump on it as it come back to them?
There were no board transfers. Standard shove-its weren't allowed, but shove-its from a heelside start were.

There were no board transfers. Standard shove-its weren't allowed, but shove-its from a heelside start were.

I returned oct 14 and I was the only one on the ship pulling ShoveIt on the boogie board. It is very disappointing that we are not allowed to do basically any tricks anymore. I was limited to prone 360s, 360s on my knees, and drop-knee. The only real trick allowed besides the 360 is push-ups and seated indian style and laying on your back, but even then, you cannot exit the trick as you normally would (exiting indian style seated via a superman) so the few of us who could physically do these latter tricks didn't even bother.

Both flowriders were up and running just fine by day 2 last week.

Archived