Tell me about Sunshine!

Gon2hwe

We have never sailed Carnival but have ben thinking about doing a cruise closer to home in New Orleans. Carnival Sunshine is coming in 2013 to NO but don't know anything about it. Is this a new ship or a refurbished ship? If so what ship is it now? Thanks in advance for your input.

It's currently Carnival Destiny. Will be renamed after the refurb...not sure when that is. Someone here will know though.

From what I've read, they are adding some really nice things...which is a plus.

The downside (for me) is that they are taking away some public spaces and adding cabins. Will make for a really crowded ship IMO.

When I saw there was 3000 passengers on such a small ship I thought about the crowding. We plan to cruise at less busy times so was hoping that would help. The prices seem good though. Is this a total refurb or a spruce up?

We have never sailed Carnival but have ben thinking about doing a cruise closer to home in New Orleans. Carnival Sunshine is coming in 2013 to NO but don't know anything about it. Is this a new ship or a refurbished ship? If so what ship is it now? Thanks in advance for your input.

A picture says a thousand words:

CL_SH_Serenity_Digi-lower-res.jpg

Wow! Beautiful serenity area. Hope it's not enclosed. That is a drag on other ships I've been on cause it was so hot! Can't wait to cruise on it. Any other new things on board?

Not enclosed. Lots of new features. I believe the first Carnival ship with all of Funship 2.0.

See here: http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/about-us/press-room/carnival-news/carnival-destiny-to-be-renamed-carnival-sunshine.aspx

Here is a tutorial

https://www.goccl.com/training/tutorials/c_sunshine/sunshine.htm

That Serenity deck is going to be awesome awesome awesome!!!

The tutorial has a great shot of the changes made to the upper decks of the ship in the middle of it. The most interesting thing is that so far this is the only rendering of the waterworks section that has been released. It looks like the drainpipe and the twister are back there like in the Dream class ships. However, releases have also said that they will have the green thunder slide from the Spirit. I wonder if this will be the first ship to have 3 featured slides.

Archived