Rendezvous Cay or Goff's Cay

IslandToIsland

Why not take a non-ships tour with Coral Breeze Tours where you catch their boat, in front of the chocolate factory, in the Tourist Village & they drop you off there as well after snorkeling.

Look up their site for the info.

We have used this outfit for close to 10 years & twice each year & we always have a great time with Heni & her crew & the local lunch on Caye Caulker is terrific.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

We just did the Rendezvous Cay excursion last week and had a great time. Their boat picks you up directly from the ship and takes you to the island which takes about 40 minutes. They also drop you back off at the ship....no need to tender into Belize.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be happy to answer!

All persons that are taking the excursion will meet in a designated area of the ship and wait until your number is called. (on our ship, they assigned each excursion a tender number) Once they call your number, the group will go down to the tenders together and board the boat that will take you to Rendezvouz Cay. You DO NOT tender into Belize first. You will go directly from ship to the island.

The boat ride to Rendezvous Cay is about 40 minutes. It is like a catamaran and makes for a very smooth ride. While on the ride out, one of the workers gives a talk about the history and what life is like on Belize.

The island of Rendezvous Cay is very small. On the island there is 4 bathrooms/changing rooms and that is about it. There are several palapas that you can sit under for shade. There is a palapa that the workers use to fix the food that is for sale there. They have hotdogs and hamburgers for sale along with chips, snacks and drinks. They also sale coconut water fresh from the coconut.

Once you get to the island, the workers will divide the snorkelers into teams (beginners, intermediate and advanced). After some brief instructions, you will head into the water with your "snorkel leader" and a group of workers to assist where needed. Each team has a leader that leads the people snorkeling where to go. There are also a couple of other helpers that will swim aloingside the people and point out interesting things and help provide assistance where needed. For instance, one of my daughters was afraid to swim over the coral since it was only like 12 inches below her and when they heard her calling for my husband, they immediately swam over to help her even before we could get there. They also have a man in a kayak that will take people to shore if they get too tired or have any problems. We have been on many cruises and have snorkelled in many, many spots and this is by far the best tour company we have dealt with. They really care about the people and make sure everyone has a good and safe time!!!!

The workers went out of their way to help my daughters find conch shells to take home. They even cleaned them out for the girls. By the way, we had not problem taking them back on the ship. The security camera picked them up in our bags and one of the security officers asked if they were alive. We told them no, the tour operator cleaned it out for us and they said ok and let us through.

After about 45 minutes of snorkelling, you are free to roam the island and swim for about an hour or so. There is a lotof sea grass right ad rocks (in some places) on the edge of the water so I don't know how the swimming would be. My daughters had a blast walking along the edge of the water and exploring what was beneath the waters surface. There are also a few kayaks that are there for the guests to use if they want to.

While we were waiting to leave, one of the workers came over and sat down with us and showed us a map of Belize. He went over everything about the country and it was touching to see how proud he was of his country and amazed me at how knowledgeable he was. SOme of us ub in our group joked that we probably couldn't tell that much information about the Unites States:)!!

The boat takes you back to the ship. We had about 3 hours to head into Belize and get back before the ship left. We opted to not go into the town that day because it was raining and the weather was icky!! But it would have been very easily done if we had chosen to take a tender into Belize.

I hope this helps!! I have not uploaded my vacation pics yet but when I do, I can post some. There is a great Legend cruise review with the title of "Legend Review....a different perspective" or something like that . The reviewer did a wonderful job of documenting her day on Rendezvous Cay and included lots of pics.

Archived