San Diego to Ensenada... Best way to get there?

SassyGirl

Hi:

We are taking a cruise on the Infinity to Hawaii out of Ensenada and I just found out that our cruiseline won't offer the transfer if we deviate our air travel (which we are).

Can anyone suggest a reliable and easy way to get to and from Ensenada from San Diego?

Thanks so much!

Patty

I would double check with your TA. I think it is difficult to get other types of transportation to Ensenada. The shuttle leaves from the San Diego Airport, why would it matter if you did not fly in that day? I could understand if you were staying on in Ensenada after a cruise. I don't understand why anyone would want to spend any extra time in Ensenada.

Kathy

A couple of years ago we purchased our own air travel and went a day early. We were still able purchase transfers though and used the cruiseline transportation to Ensenada. This was on RCI. Your travel agent should be able to purchase the transfers for you.

'89 Commodore/Caribe I

'92 NCL/Westward

'96 NCL/Seaward

'99 RCI/Rhapsody Of The Seas

'00 RCI/Legend Of The Seas

'01 Princess/Ocean Princess

'02 RCI/Vision Of The Seas

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

'03 Princess/Sea Princess

TAHITIAN PRINCESS 02/11/05

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Patty,

we went on RCI's Legend of the Seas out of Ensenada to Hawaii in December 2003. We had 'air deviation' and there was no problem with getting the transfer offered by the cruise line. There were many others that flew to San Diego day or more before the cruise and all of them were on the same buses as rest of us. Before our cruise, I did spent a lot of time on the "ports of call, Hawaii" board and I do remember the same question was asked at that time as well and there were not too many good options. Some were pretty expensive so the transfer from the cruise line might be the best bet.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this information on one of the posts in the Celebrity section, maybe that is what Patty is looking for.

"jschutz

"Cool Cruiser

posted 05-17-04 10:03 PM

For those requiring San Diego-Ensenada transportation you can call the following:

Abel Duran 619-421-7234 or 619-921-1427. He is very reliable and charges $175.00 for the trip,NOT per person. He will pick you up from your house, airport or hotel in San Diego. The van will hold up to 8 people. You can tell him that Dusty Sullivan of Mikelson Yachts reccomended him.

Posts: 34 | From: Palm Desert, CA | Registered: 04-26-04 "

I hope this helps. There was also some other information about someone taking the limo, so you might want to go to this thread and read the whole thing.

Wes

icon_smile.gif I have heard via other cruise passengers that RCI is not understanding the "need" for transfers by "air deviation" guests. I would call the Crown and Anchor Desk, the Transportation desk and anyone else that will listen. Make it clear that NOTHING else will do except a transfer! I'm sure you will get it, you just may have to pull your hair out to do so! LOL! Keep after them.

animtink.gif

Celia

"Jewel OTS " 06/04 # 11 & 12

"Brilliance OTS" 04/05 # 13 & 14

BTW, I read the information about Limo and alternate transportation. I would advise highly against it! If, for some reason, while traveling in Mexico, there is a problem with the limo/transfer service, you will miss your cruise. I doubt this is a very good alternative....and an expensive one to boot!

animtink.gif

Celia

"Jewel OTS " 06/04 # 11 & 12

"Brilliance OTS" 04/05 # 13 & 14

I use to work for a cruise line at an airport. Here is what you do, you tell them that you are coming in on a flight the day of the cruise, give them the flight number that you are flying in on (but of course you know you they flight is really the day before). It works.

July 1997 - Galaxy

July 1998 - Grandur of the Sea

June 1999 - Rembrant

April 2000 - Paradise

December 2000 - Century

July 2001 - Zenith

December 2001 - Norwegien Star

June 2002 - Constellation

April 2003 - Millennium

December 2003 - Legend Of The Seas

More to come

Archived