getting to pier from mia

cruisinquestions

We are flying into MIA on Friday, picking up a rent-a-car, and staying with relatives in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days. We will return our rent-a-car Monday the day of the cruise, I assume back at the airport where we got it originally. How do we then get to the pier? We booked our own air. Do the rental companies have a shuttle? Do we just grab a cab there? Any suggestions would be wonderful. We are a party of 5 - 2 adults, 3 kids. Oh and I guess I could also ask what the best way to get to MIA when the cruise is over. Thank you!

Jules

Do the rental companies have a shuttle?

Good question, I would call those Rental car agenices like Avis, Hertz etc. and ask, if not, then the Cab would do.

Whats to cost of a Cabby from Miami airport to the Terminal????

Found this from Thrifty:

MIAMI CRUISE SHIP PICKUP ONLY (PM4)

2875 N.W. 42ND AVE

CRUISE SHIP PICKUP ONLY

MIAMI, FLORIDA 33142

UNITED STATES

(877) 283-0898

Their website:

https://www.thrifty.com/cookieless/(53dzwob2jmzqfb45nv0v1xay)/reservations/index.aspx?BlueChipNumber=&ControlTarget=TransitionQueryStringLocationTime&CorporateDiscountNumber=&CorporateRatesOnly=True&IATA=&LocalRenter=False&PickupDateTime=3%2F18%2F2006+9%3A00%3A00+AM&PickupLocation=Miami&PickupLocationCode=&PromotionCode=&ReturnDateTime=3%2F26%2F2006+9%3A00%3A00+AM&ReturnLocationCode=&VehicleType=

grab a cab-it's easy from Miami-would be more from Ft Lauderdale. The ships have shuttles and you can buy a shuttle ticket at the airport too -by baggage check but a cab is way cheaper and easier.

We dropped off our rental car at thrifty and a shuttle bus took us ( 5 adults with luggage) along with a few other people also going to the pier right to our ship, about a 15 minute ride. no problem, no charge.

grab a cab-it's easy from Miami-would be more from Ft Lauderdale. The ships have shuttles and you can buy a shuttle ticket at the airport too -by baggage check bu a cab is way cheaper and easier.

How much was the cab fare? Was it per person or for the whole cab? What I'm wondering is if we get a large van-type cab, and there is a group of us, would it be cheaper than buying cruise line shuttle tickets for each person? We are flying into Fort Lauderdale. Anyone done that before?

Mikki

Archived