Anyone famous on your cruise?

celbercrz333

In 1997, my wife and I took a short repositioning cruise on the Dawn Princess (Vancouver to LA). When we got into the dock, the mad rush ensued to disembark with people standing around like lemmings. My wife and I retreated to the pool area and copped a table and chairs. Soon, a bunch of guys with cameras and equipment came piling aboard and setting up lights and stuff. We waited then asked what was going on. A guy with the crew said that they were there to shoot some Baywatch scenes that needed re-takes. In about 15 minutes, in filed David Hasselhoff, followed by a STUNNING Gina Lee Nolan and, straggling in a bit later, Pamela Anderson. Hasselhoff milled around talking and when I nodded he walked over and signed an autograph and took a picture with my wife. The ladies and their entourage sat down at the table next to us. Gina Lee in tight leather pants and even tighter sweater was a real treat. Pamela with no make-up, slobbering down a bowl of something was a disgusting site. I'll say this, her make-up people should receive medals! Ha! I took a bunch of pics of the ladies but kick myself to this day that I didn’t have MY picture taken with THEM!

Ha! I have always suspected that Pamela would be a fright without makeup ( or plastic surgery!) Thanks for confirming my theory!!!

In 1997, my wife and I took a short repositioning cruise on the Dawn Princess (Vancouver to LA). When we got into the dock, the mad rush ensued to disembark with people standing around like lemmings. My wife and I retreated to the pool area and copped a table and chairs. Soon, a bunch of guys with cameras and equipment came piling aboard and setting up lights and stuff. We waited then asked what was going on. A guy with the crew said that they were there to shoot some Baywatch scenes that needed re-takes. In about 15 minutes, in filed David Hasselhoff, followed by a STUNNING Gina Lee Nolan and, straggling in a bit later, Pamela Anderson. Hasselhoff milled around talking and when I nodded he walked over and signed an autograph and took a picture with my wife. The ladies and their entourage sat down at the table next to us. Gina Lee in tight leather pants and even tighter sweater was a real treat. Pamela with no make-up, slobbering down a bowl of something was a disgusting site. I'll say this, her make-up people should receive medals! Ha! I took a bunch of pics of the ladies but kick myself to this day that I didn’t have MY picture taken with THEM!

I'm so jealous...as a kid I had a MAJOR crush on David Hasselhoff. He also was from Baltimore, MD BTW.

personally I think Pamela Anderson is not attractive with or without her makeup. She looks like a hooker with her makeup on and certainly less attractive with it off. JMHO

Hi Angela,

I am somewhat familiar with Atascadero, mostly just passing by on the way to Morro Bay. Wish I was there (Morro Bay) now. :cool:

We are forecast for 105 today and then 106-104-108-106. The last few days were over 100+ also. The water in my pool expanded so much it ran through the inter connection to my spa.

I guess you are getting some of this heat also, though you may have some cooler ocean breezes there.

John

I was just in Morro Bay on Sunday. The weather was great until the fog rolled in, then it got cold. We are in the low 100's ourselves. It always gets hot when the Mid-State Fair comes to town. Try and stay cool.

Angela

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

My sister and I went 2 Alaska in 2003 and on the train 2 the ship we had breakfast in the dining car @ the table next 2 us was Joanna kerns .

Then when we got on the ship, we had lunch next 2 the drifters and their room turned out 2 be across the hall from ours also, they turned out 2 b the entertainment 4 the cruise and they were awsome as usual.:D :p

My wife and I sailed on the Celebrity Millennium last April, and Paula Deen (sp?) from the Food TV Network was onboard with her family. We took a picture of her brother Bubba, her nephew Jay, and their brides-to-be before the last formal night. The two guys had proposed to their brides-to-be onboard ship. They were the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

I've always thought it would be cool to run into someone on a cruise that is famous. The cruise that parked beside us in St. Maarten was a gay cruise on celebrity. Anyways they asked who we had on the ship and we didn't have anyone well they had bette midler, madonna and some other people. There was a yacht there as well and it was the biggest one I have ever seen. Might as well be a mini cruise ship. Wouldn't tell whose it was. :rolleyes:

We also had the Drifters on the MOS last summer. They were terrific. Never spotted any other celebs though on a cruise. Recently spotted Henry Winkler at a famous buffet though. All the old ladies were giggling! It was cute.

DH and I were on the Windjamer Barefoot Fantome during a total solar eclipse in February, 1998. One of the passengers was Pinky Nelson, a former astronaut who'd flown in the space shuttle.

Every morning the Windjammer passengers gather for story time on the deck, and one morning he regaled us with stories of flying in space. It was great.

• 3 weeks later...
The cruise that parked beside us in St. Maarten was a gay cruise on celebrity. Anyways they asked who we had on the ship and we didn't have anyone well they had bette midler, madonna and some other people. :rolleyes:

I am sorry to break it to you but they were probably pulling your leg about having Bette Midler and Madonna on board.

I am gay and have only gone on gay only chartered cruises through a group called ATLANTIS and I have done much research on this subject.

While famouse people do go on gay cruises (Deborah Gibson, Joan Rivers, Rosie O'Donnell, Cindy Lauper etc.) I have never heard of Bette Midler, Madonna, Cher, Barbra Streisand on anyone really "A" List being on board.

You know us gays....always with the joke!!!! :D :D :D :D

I recognized Matt and Amy Roloff on the Mariner of the Seas Oct. 2-9, 2005. This was before Little People Big World had come out-but I had seen them on a documentary on TLC before that show came out. My husband did not believe me. He kept saying I had seen another show with dwarfs-but I kept seeing them-we had an atruim staterroom on deck 7 and they had a balcony stateroom on that same deck-so finally I approached them and asked them had they been in a documentary on TLC.

They said yes and that they had a series coming up that would be shown on TLC. I thanked them and said I would watch.

When we returned home I e-mailed TLC-all I remembered is the Roloffs said the title would say something about "Little People". TLC e-mailed me back that they knew of no TV show coming up in the future.

My husband was convinced that the Roloff's were "pulling my leg" for being stupid enough to ask them and I kept saying I knew I had seen them and it wasn't just because they were dwarfs either-that they had a distinct look.

Later a show came on called "meet the Fooses"- and my husband said I had probally seen them on the documentary and had them confused and I said no-the Fooses looked NOTHING like the Roloffs-plus I remmebered the Roloffs had children of average height-all the Fooses' children were drawfs.

Well finially in late Feb. TLC e-mails me and tells me about the upcoming show-I clicked on the link they provided in the e-mail-see a small avertisement with the Roloffs and FINIALLY my hubby admits that it is the people we met.

Later in the series they had one show where they talked about the cruise-and this show showed a few clips of the cruise from their home videos. They did not say the name of the cruiseline or the ship-but you could tell it was a RCCL Voyager class ship.

As popular as that show has been-I guess if they took another cruise they would be MOBBED by people recognizing them.

• 3 weeks later...

My DH and I sailed on the Soveriegn of the Seas in '94. Jerry Lewis and The Platters were on the ship and did a great show. A few other celebs were on also but I can't remember their names. It was a great surprise for us as it was our first 7 day cruise! We got to see the show again when the MDA telethon aired the following Labor Day:)

We were on a princess valentines day cruise many years ago (early 90's), and Captain Steubing (his true name escapes me, sorry!) was aboard to do a group re-marry ceremony on deck! We were all given red or white t-shirts with hearts on them for the ceremony! Lloyd Bridges, Mrs. Lloyd Bridges and Beau Bridges were also aboard the same cruise. It was fun running into them while shopping in Cozumel!;)

We were at a table for six on a cruise and there was a very pretty girl named Angie at our table. She and her then boyfriend were vey nice. She let it slip out one night that she had a yacht and a private plane. It turns out that a lot of people were staring at our table during dinner. We are just regular people and thought that they were looking at the pretty girl. We had mostly normal conversations and enjoyed wine on several occasions. It turns out this couple were off the ship every day on some excursion or another. They kept pretty much to themselves and were nice to talk to. We later found out that it was indeed Angelina Jolie. We are not the type to be star struck which is why they decided to stay at our table. I must note that the slippage of the yacht and plane was not done in a pretensious manner, it really did just slip out and she was actually embarassed by it. Any she was really cool and we had fun.

We were on the Maasdam in the Caribbean in March of 2005. One of the men at our dinner table looked so familiar to me. I wracked my brain trying to think where I had seen him before. The next night I asked if he was a movie star and his wife said he was an actor not a movie star. He turned out to be Joe Conley, the storekeeper "Ike" on the Waltons. He and his wife were very nice and treated us very kindly. I still keep in contact with them through email.:D

Just got off the Grand Princess a few weeks ago, and Billie Jean King was on our cruise. I didn't have the pleasure of meeting her, but some folks we met on the cruise were in the elevator with her (and her mother, I believe) and could personally confirm the rumor!

We were on the Mariner in April 05. We went to go on an excursion (BOB experience) and Tom Bergeron from 'America's Funniest Videos' and now 'Dancing with the Stars' was on the trip w/ us. I talked to him and turned out he was on our boat with his family for a vacation. He was really nice and talkative.

bergeron.jpg

We were at a table for six on a cruise and there was a very pretty girl named Angie at our table. She and her then boyfriend were vey nice. She let it slip out one night that she had a yacht and a private plane. It turns out that a lot of people were staring at our table during dinner. We are just regular people and thought that they were looking at the pretty girl. We had mostly normal conversations and enjoyed wine on several occasions. It turns out this couple were off the ship every day on some excursion or another. They kept pretty much to themselves and were nice to talk to. We later found out that it was indeed Angelina Jolie. We are not the type to be star struck which is why they decided to stay at our table. I must note that the slippage of the yacht and plane was not done in a pretensious manner, it really did just slip out and she was actually embarassed by it. Any she was really cool and we had fun.

Really? That's crazy! How long ago? She seems pretty A list to be on a regular cruise - especially having her own yacht!!! Maybe she felt like 'slumming it'... Still pretty cool for you guys!

Cant remember the ship but in the 80s we were on a cruise with several pro basketball players and their families. Larry Bird was one of them. They really stuck out because they are so tall. I was in an elevator with Bird and two others and my head only came up to his butt. They had to duck their heads everywhere.

Also just after the movie "A color Purple" came out and Oprah was a nobody she was on our sailing. Only caught a glimps of her getting on in one of the ports.

It wasnt on a cruise but we were at the Hedonism resort in Negril Jamaica in the early 90's. My husband called it a night early and I went to the empty game room and was playing Yahtzee... a guy came up to the table and asked if I wanted a partner. We played for hours and talked about all kinds of things. At the end of the night he said that it was so cool to "just be" and hang out with someone that obviously didnt know who he was. I said .. oh! who are you anyway?... He said Jerry Garcia....of the Greatful Dead..? I apologized for not recognizing him but he said that was the best part of the whole evening...just being able to hang out and be treated like a normal person...

I went back to the room and told my husband who promptly said i was full of it and the dude was probably lying about it...when we got home there was a news report that Jerry was trying to detox at a Jamaican resort :)

When he died I was truly saddened that the world has lost someone so talented and down to earth. RIP Jerry

Archived